When is the next mogu assault?

i blocked wowhead ads and now the whole site is broken

Tues 5pm. 10chars

Thanks u. How do u know? Is there a fixed schedule
?

yea I always wondered why wow head shows nothing for me. The whole website is broken in all browsers for me.
Is that because of ublock origin?

I mean, wowhead is free, but incredible as it may sound the people who work there also have to buy food.

Yes trying to leech money because blizzard decided to partner with them.

Wowhead told me, It’s apprently a fixed schedule but I always forget and have to look.

1 Like

they will also get money from traffic etc.
Doesn’t mean they have to break the whole website if you turn on ad block.
Also the website is really horrible if you don’t block it. It is pestered with ads everywhere and also some bad redirections and probably some viruses

Before I turn off ad block I rather look for another website and let this one die in peace. Can’t believe that people actually can take their crap

3 Likes

Correct me if im wrong but wowhead had issues in the past with ads that caused viruses on peoples computers? Am I remembering wrong? So I kind of don’t blame people blocking ads. I think it was around TBC time maybe Wotlk.

1 Like

Ah well for topic:

I think mogu assault is always interchanging so pretty much 1.5 weeks.

1. Minor assault has to be in Vale
  2. Minor assault will change twice so depending which one was the last, the next one will be the other.

Since I don’t remember which was the last, I cannot tell you the exact date. It will either be the 8.7. or 12.7 I believe

Traffic doesn’t generate revenue, it actually costs money as you need to have bandwidth and processor/memory available. Traffic generates more ad-revenue, as ADVERTISEMENT makes money, not abstract traffic. You’re welcome.

You could argue them visiting the site gets them higher up on google rankings when people search for world of warcraft help? Who doesn’t know about wowhead though?

The only revenue generator is Advertising. Money is not an abstract concept.

Inflow : advertisement.
Expenditures : taxes, search engines, servers, payroll…

you can generate revenue by other means without ads.

You know it is fine to run some ads and banner but this site is plastered with that crap that I couldn’t see anything else than ads.

2 Likes

Look, this conversation is moot. Wowhead has to pay for a lot of things (wages, servers, taxes…) And currently it finances all that through selling advertising space on its website.

Whenever I dislike a site’s advertising or revenue model I look for alternatives, as you correctly pointed above.

But “traffic” costs money, so unless you move to a freemium model there’s few alternatives, and with WoW being a subscription game (which I favour over other models) the chances they could get enough financing through it would be low IMO unless they could strike some deal with Blizz to provide some in-game perks (mounts, pets… Whatever).

What I find a bit off, but the tools are out there, is to deny the advertisement and then go complain you can’t access the content.

You work for wow head? Considering blizzard actively promotes it in gm replies, it should be free, carefree experience not an ad minefield

I don’t work for Blizzard, but I also don’t live in “should or could” realms. Your opinion on how it should operate doesn’t alter the fact that the people who work for Wowhead also need to pay for food.

Whatever. Topic exhausted as far as I’m concerned.

well you always could argue that there are also another 500000 billion websites that don’t explode from ads and they still doing business.
As said, ads are fine but not if they bombard you.
I don’t like that blizz promote this website especially when it was full of virus haha

2 Likes

I’m using adblock and Ublock and can see Wowheadjust fine.

1 Like

/ sniff . . . I smell horde bias.