When is the pre event going to be?

With the announcement of the Cata Classic release schedule, has there been any mention of when the pre event is going to be?

Read the announcement again. It’s written there.

Where exactly is it written? I see mention of the pre-patch, but not the event starting with minor earthquakes and later elementals starting to invade.

Searching has yielded some more information, I seem to have remembered wrong. While the smallest quakes start at the end of 3.x, the actual events start in 4.x.

I was just wondering since the actual event did not seem to be mentioned and I could not find the info at first since the event is known under several names, some shared with events from earlier times.

Edit: Guess it will be starting in earnest on the 30th then…or rather, May 1st for EU.

2 Likes

Hmm ive yet to feel an earthquake.

Guess we won’t be seeing the event, it looks like it would involve a lot of work to get it going, and they’re simply not willing to spend the time or developers on it…

Very much seems like they’re not bothering. Cata’s just a cash grab and remaking an event like that would be too costly for such an unpopular expansion I guess… or maybe they just can’t be bothered trying.

Can’t wait for MoP to be revealed stuck on the 5.4 patch long before SoO is available with the vale already destroyed because they couldn’t be bothered putting in the legwork to truly recreate that expansion either :slight_smile:

Seems true. The beta is full of bugs, IDK what are they going to present us, but Wrath babies would troll us for several months for having official release in “quality” of private server.

Well they do have destroyed vale in 10.2.7 MoP Remix beta, sadly.

If they do that I guess it might finally be time to cancel my sub…
:sob:

1 Like

I suppose the problem for this event is that the first version of Cataclysm (4.0.1) have the new systems with the old world still intact. I believe we will jump directly to 4.0.3, with the world already revamped. They didn’t put the work to have that intermediate Cataclysm version for a few weeks. I don’t like it.

The way they handled the arena points also shows that they don’t care about wotlk/cata anymore. Like they want to see how much subs they can keep active without doing any work on these versions.

1 Like

Unfortunately this is the feeling I get aswell, which is a shame since WotLK (and soon Cata) is my main game. After SoD release, my feeling is that they dropped LK completely and just did the bare minimum to keep the servers running. If this trend continues, Cata is going to suffer big time. Which is what I predict, based om the (lack of) clear communication this far and from players beta reports. But I do hope I’m proven wrong.

2 Likes