When rp plot gos spiralling out what do you do?

Okay so the brief write up, I’d grown tired of the characters iv rped, my warlock is so old now I feel like only roleplaying her in very set situations which she has little need to show off her power, mostly because I deem that more enjoyable than her very high experience and power out showing other players after she progressed to be very formidable. As such I decided to make a new character, nothing out there but something different while very strongly established though the lore

I always liked duskwood, the story behind the worgen there is very underused and I thought "well since we have cured worgen from duskwood, I’ll make a traveller rogue who got caught up in duskwood and turned only to much later be cured "

Great, this was a new character I felt was expendable while fresh and fun, I developed his story that his attack in Duskwood happened as a result of his former gang in crime ditched him and left him for dead and started my character story from there.

I made a false belief my character has which is based on superstition rather than any proof it’s true also that he believes something answered his prayers when he was dying that he’d pay what ever price for vengeance against his former betraying brothers in crime, there is nothing to support this other than my characters speculation, he should of died and something out there gave him a second chance at life to avenge the betrayal. I’ve left this as open to speculation for the others after all, my character believes it even if theres nothing but coincidence to support it . He believes his only freedom from the deal is to kill them who have wronged him and that is the price he must pay

Later I hooked a group of people into delivering things to his old work buddies in packages who all very obediently did ad he asked regardless of the 20 thousand hints that the job was sketchy and likely highly not legal , they delivered bombs and blew up a few buildings in bootybay, nothing to the scale of blood sail invasion but enough that yeah it was a noticable event.

Was pretty fun so far got some praise for keeping cards close to chest about the bombs while it was always an option to check them

So a hunt happens, I’m at this point open to death since the story is pretty enthusiastic by others but then I make a mistake in letting my rogue get caught under the idea that the character would finally get to talk about what happened while questioned about the events that happened in bootybay. Hes not physically super powerful but is a professional former killer and has been a nightbane pack member for 3 years ic so hes very accustomed to taking opportunity.

Here’s were I’d devolves down though. By this point some characters show empathy towards the character, not expected but understandable he was after all betrayed by his former work companions to what should of been his death. Others decide to not ask questions and just punish him by removing his finger.

Originally I’d hoped he could weavel his way out by using his shadowy talents to slip in and steal his finger back but omg they have a god like guardian that is completely immune to most stealth skills and all void shadowy stuff used within range of it it just god modes control over >.> .

I decided this isn’t gonna be fun so go another root, note at this point I’m not caring about the finger as much as I am that it’s hard to justify the future rp with members of the same group who were more passionate towards this rogue. His biggest flaw ic is he doesn’t forgive.

I have more story to finish but now I have no grounds to justify without breaking character that hed focus his efforts into killing the ones who mutilated him or for him to be willing to work with these people. I feel like I’m being given complaints for saying “the character wont work with you anymore” despite everything pointing towards him not wanting involvement.

I dont mind the character dying but not to a god mode guardian

I dont mind the lost finger but it does create an issue that the character is breaking ic to not try kill that pc .

Didn’t really expect the story to devolve this way but what do you do when its gone past that point ? I’d rather not retire him hes been great to rp but this story is just grating to a point I kinda wish I had never started it

Is the overall story with the group stalled?

When I have experinced a situation where we need to “clear the space” because of a captive, we have had to have a small OOC talk with the group how to get past a point.

Often we reach out to outsiders to get the one person away, so we can continue with the story that is being told.
(Bear in mind, this is when we create living history - so the scenery is slightly different)

It has stalled some yes, I had a talk to try see were we go from . The thing is I’m okay with the reality of what it means for my own character after the story point, I’m more bothered about what it means to the group I rp with if it stays true to character however :confused: it’s not nice to have to break character .

It’s also not nice to split normally united players and be exclusive because it is leading towards one character has every reason and means to go try kill another/do serious harm. It’s not fun to go down that path if people ain’t on board with it and it’s very meh when you know it’s a character they enjoy who has nice long term progress, were here for fun after all.

To note . Ooc, no dislike towards anyone. Theres different ooc interests in what kinda rp people like but ain’t that everyone. I just introduced people into an event based around my characters story, it was fun. I had a laugh so did some of them when I pulled something off a lot bigger than they expected for a final. Things went up with a bang

It’s the continued story that has suffered because during the later made rp things have have happened causing a kinda separation with who can be involved with what without that issue I pointed above. Sometimes playing in character has its issues, you want to involve people but you want to keep it fun :S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.