When to use cooldowns in M+ (Shadow)

Hello priests,

Would someone help me learn how to know when to cast my cooldowns and trinkets and how to align them? I think my DPS suffers because of wasting a lot of my cooldowns. Is there a way to learn when to cast CDs, or should I cast whenever I have them back? Or should I watch routes and try to plan casting.

Thanks in advance!

Using things on cd and not getting perfect alignments is generally better than holding things too much and just not using them at all.

Doing things perfectly is much more based on the dungeons themselves and how / who you run them with. For tyrannical week I generally just advise people have everything for bosses and pop cds as liberally as possible between them. Fortified where different packs feel like they need different cds things are much more confusing.

Thank you for your response. I always tend to “save” CDs for bosses but I realized that I fall befind on DPS compared to other players, which is frustrating. I will try to use literally everything on CD. Just another question: Should I use CDs even if I will waste a few seconds of PI or VF?

I wouldn’t say literally everything on cd, but shadows CDs are short and dungeons are 20-30+ minutes long.

Sometimes pi might be up still at the end of a trash pack but not often, don’t blow CDs if they come up late into a pack, try to be a bit more smart about it than that.

I mainly use CDs on bosses (if I have them) but not shy to blow them on the trash on CD, unless they are dying anyway, especially when I know a boss fight is due.

Was definitely one of my biggest dps improvent when I stopped holding CDs.

Like said by others our CDs are short and specially when keys get higher and stuff lives longer you can pop them so often whilst still having them available for hard trashpacks / bosses

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.