When will AMD Phenom II X6 1100T lose support and what does that mean?

I started seeing Your computer is out-of-date with the prepatch. I’m pretty sure it’s due to my CPU (AMD 1100T) as my GPU is Nvidia 970 and I have 16 GB of RAM. The CPU is comparable to the min requirements one, but is missing some instructions as it’s older.

I’m wondering what happens with Shadowlands if I don’t upgrade my computer? Will the game not run at all?

The message is likely related to a driver update that have not been installed. Update drivers and it should go away. 970 is not old enough to loose an support.

Double checked and my GPU drivers are up to date. I think the message for out of date drivers is different anyways. Thanks for the response, though.

I just figured the CPU is to blame as it is quite old and it did cause problems in the past. The link provided with the warning is fairly unhelpful as it’s just the min requirements page for Shadowlands.

Basically I’m wondering about what I’m looking at if I don’t upgrade; missing textures here and there don’t bother me too much (though missing eye textures that happened with prepatch were quite creepy). Game not running at all would be a problem, though.

If you’re still able to play now you will still be able to play when SL fully hits, BUT if you happen to have any problems the first answer to all your tickets will be “Do you meet the minimum requirements”, and your answer will be no… in which case support stops.