When will you unlock those realms?

Hello !

I was wondering when locked realms would unlock as no estimated time was announced. Especially for “Sulfuron” EU server, as there are no longer any queues, as population keeps going down.
Several players (which I’m part of) can’t play with their friends on it if they never had any character on it, and i won’t let my 3 lvl 60 just to play 1 month on a dead server with my friend for several reasons : that would be a lost of time (and/or money with migration) for both my friend and me, but also, what a bad first experience for him to play in those conditions.
So, is there any answer to this question ? When will Sulfuron be unlocked, as population already went down, and as you mentionned on Addressing Population Concerns in WoW Classic : “We’ve been using character creation restrictions recently, but Paid Character Transfers represent a very small number of players.” I don’t get the point :confused:

There aren’t any queues due to the layering or sharding.

They will unlock realms when the population levels suggest it.

Sharding is not a thing on wow classic, and there are only 2 layers which is not a big deal, and as I said, blizzard themselves told that paid character migration was not a big deal, bit they still did lock it.
“When the population level suggest it” so what, we will have to wait this to be a dead game to delete layer 2 and then unlock the realm ? There’s no point doing that “let’s wait for players to quit our game because we lock it entirely, and then, let’s ask em to join again, and repeat”

It is if the vast majority are on layer 1 and you are on layer 2.