Where are the points for engineering?!

I have a miner, a skinner and a herbalist. Everyday, using these 3 professions gets 2-3 points to upgrade the specializations. Even gathering the most basic versions of ore or herbs can, on ocasion, pop out point boosters. My skinner and herbalist are alts, and yep going up faster than my main, despite me playing them less than half the time of the main.

And then there’s engineering. Where, no matter what I do, I don’t seem to be able to go more than 4-5 points per week. No matter what I craft, other than the “first craft” point, no more come up. Shards never drop anywhere. How do I get more progression in engineering?!

Install profession knowledge tracker weakaura and it will show you where can you get more points.
also, you get knowledge books at renown 14 and 24 with both Dragonscale and Valdrakken.

Tried that addon, never got it to work…

check out wowhead for knowledge source - they have guides for every prof.

2 points form quest to complete 2 work orders
2 points from the quest by the engineering trainer
2 points from the quest from the NPC near the alchemist trainer
2 points from dirt piles/expedition packs
1 point from treatise
1 point [Infinitely Attachable Pair o’ Docks]( Infinitely Attachable Pair o’ Docks
1 point from Keeper’s Mark

That’s a total of 11 per week.

That’s very little, other profs get like 14 points per week because they get one more from quests.
Also the one time knowledge points are really lackluster for engineering, only having 2 of those thingies while other profs have like 7-8

1 Like

Engineering tree is different. We have a single tree (Function over form) that gives skill for bracers (4 types), goggles (4 types), guns AND Profession equipment. In addition to general trees.

Engineers need 525 points to fill ALL trees and subtrees. Blacksmiths need 770. Leatherworkers need 750. Tailors need 630. Scribes need 680.

Only alchemists need less points (510), but alchemists don’t get a weekly work order quest.
Enchanters are close needing 565 points, but they also don’t get a weekly work order quest.

So I think the reason is that Engineers need less points overall, so they get less points.

Wonderfull day today. Found 26 scout packs, one with a mount, and 8 magic chests. Zero profession boosts. Zero.

Treasures like dirt, chests and scout packs are very unlikely to have dragon shards. I get maybe 3-4 dragon shards on average per day, but that’s mostly from farming regularly spawning “rare” mobs. I probably do about 20-30 rares per day and pick up around 50-100 dirt piles & similar treasures. It’s quite a bit of work and I can understand that casual players can’t compete with that unless they can put the hours into doing this.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.