Where did the community go?

Summer starts 21 June. You’re welcome.

1 Like

I’d be up for it if I could.
Sadly am working 6 days a week in afternoons and have only tuesdays off.
:confused:

So if you want you might count me in as casual?
Just state the Realm and when would the runs take place, and if I can I’ll join either as tank or healer (tho I don’t know routes in old dungeons so healer is preferable).

Btw, loved your Horde community at the begining of BfA, sadly it became kinda infested once you left.

1 Like

It just got way too big, and with the community functions being so limited I would really only go for a guild if I do this again :slight_smile:

1 Like

It won’t be. :disappointed_relieved:

I am hoping to find some nice people from current to go into classic with… otherwise I just can’t do it.

Blizzard created tools which allowed players to play with no interactions at all.

But for some people its a good thing, they are shy to start speaking, so they just use lfg, do the dungeon and leave without saying a word.

I also realized many times that I didn’t accept some player’s inv, cuz as a tank you can easily solo almost everything in bfa except for world bosses.

Why is SP so perfect?

This is what I hear when people start bringing up the “home” meme

Look… wow will never have a community again, unless the two main pillar systems of sharding and lfg are somehow rewritten or removed.
Wow right now is about playing with bots.
You queue up and you get assigned some completely random nobody from a server you didnt even know existed, and at the end of the dungeon, the guy vanishes and you wont see him ever again in your life.

Why would people talk to eachother?
They wont because there is no reason to. Content is piss poor and piss easy, everyone is soloing it. Maps and dungeons are filled with random nickname sharded bots that you gonna never see again.

TL;DR: im tired of this topic and blizzard’s stupidity in regards of not recognizing this, but i recommend you just keeping subscription off till classic comes out.
Im done playing this shait too till then.
The death of the community is on absolutely nobody other than blizz.

2 Likes

I would love to join you. :slight_smile:

I’m fine with either faction, although I would prefer Alliance to see some new content. :smiley:

My prefered role would be healing, followed by tanking.

1 Like

I’d be interested in this. I love leveling new chars but I kinda miss the social aspect. Now the questing is pure single player, even in BfA.

1 Like

hm ill throw in my 2 cents .

imo community is not dead - community got tired.

tired of so many guilds dying and so many people leaving over the years.

tired of making new aquitances only so they quit 2 months later

you yourself give validity to what i say - you came back for 1 month

why should anyone bother knowing or speaking to you if you will be gone soon .

so people simply cba anymore . i myself have like 10 people who i have on real id and speak occasionaly but i dont feel any need to speak to anyone else.

i have plenty enough friends irl and dont feel any need to make internet friends anymore.

and i could bet most people are like me unless they do content regularly with their raid/mythic + / pvp teams in guilds.

if i wanted to speak to someone i have plenty of people who i can call or meet for a beer/coffee - why should i bother speaking to people in computer game ?

This is basicly the same for me, i talk alot with guildies and people from the calm keystone community. I don’t see a reason to talk in lfg or the open world unless they start talking to me.

Awesome just need to get a total of 5 of us :slight_smile:

Healer role is all yours!

Alliance is fine with me :slight_smile: I can do any role… I fancy lock but can tank

I would like a full group of 5 of us because I don’t want us to deal with any pugging - at least for the 5 man stuff.

Ok I will make a new post for this and will link it once it’s made

Feel free to join us:

2 Likes

The misconception that just because WoW is an MMO everyone in it wants to make “online friends” (lol) and interact with others really needs to go.

it’s beyond retarded and out of place. If you want that crap, go join a guild or something. Random people who are questing around and doing their own thing are not interested in becoming your best friend or “Teaming up” with you for quests which they can easily do alone.

It’s seriously annoying as hell when some moron starts jumping around you and writing in /s “HEY HEY WHAT’S UP HEY WANNA GROUP??”.

Stop.

1 Like

I support that idea and I would love to join you guys and girls :blush:.

1 Like

The problem is twofold:
1: In their rush to streamline everything they kinda removed any real reason to talk to anyone outside of high-tier raiding and PvP (and even then you jump on Discord if you’re serious.
You don’t need to talk to people to get into dungeons because of LFG.
You don’t need to ask people to make you profession gear or weapons because you get gear extremely fast, you have heirlooms to level up with and as soon as you hit 120 you can hit 370+ without ever touching a single dungeon or raid.
You don’t need to ask people to group up to take down a difficult quest mob because everything scales to your level and nothing is a challenge anymore (and for higher level content you have the LFG button).
Nobody talks because there’s no need to do so anymore, you just log in, do some PvE content with some bots, do your solo content and then log out.

2: Society itself has changed dramatically over the last 10 or so years, even outside of a virtual environment we’ve become more and more reclusive and seemingly reluctant to communicate, either due to people preferring to communicate online and within our own social groups or because they’re wary of talking to others for fear of offending them and getting in trouble (thanks social justice).

Communities in general have massively changed, but with WoW it isn’t helped by this lack of reason to communicate with others for the vast majority of the game.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.