Where is the physical body of N'zoth?

His prison was under the ocean near Nazjatar, but after 8.2 he just “vanished” and appears in Nyalotha, yet Nyalotha as I understand it, is like “another dimension” much like the elemental planes or the emerald dream. So one can say his “spiritual body” is in Nyalotha yet where is his humongous almost continent size body then? I may have missed it but I have not seen any sources to state how he either transferred his body to nyalotha or where he went from his prison. In the end cinematic we can see him just outside the heart chamber in silithus but thats all.

I would say 90% of his body is under ground, as it is for every old god, you only se some parts of them now, though I wonder where is the hole the one in pandaria was, should be huge gaping hole.

Actually, there was
But Y’shaarj wasn’t in Pandaria; he/it landed on the center of ancient pre-sundering supercontinet Kalindor’s middle, and formed his domain there
Aman’Thul ripped out the parasite, but that left a bleeding , gaping wound… called later (after the Titans/Titanforged tended it as much it possible) the Well of Eternity (this is why the Dark Troll tribe, that later became the Kaldorei found ancient titanic relics and such on the shores, in fact the word Kaldorei itself is of titanic origin, found on the Titanic things they found)
The remains of Y’shaarj, especially his heart landed on the area later become Pandaria (partial reason the Aqir, that later evolved to Mantid, migrated there after the Troll-Aqir war - tho its possible they always were the Aqir servants of Y’shaarj)
N’Zoth was located a bit farther from the middle, the eastern parts, where the modern day Kul’tiras is lockated
First I though its a bit murky where N’Zoth prison was/is originally, but we knew, it was under the waters so a, either at the shores of Zin-Azshari (it was a supercity, in time I guess whole of Azeroth would became like Coruscant, one giant mega-city) so the Harbringers- Azshara video would make sense
Or - since Azshara’s palace was on the shores of the Well of Eternity - under the Well it self
OR c, under Kalimdor’s parts, there was an underground sea/ocean - actually we have/had such things on Earth so not impossible
Later they explained it; every Old God had a Titan Facility
Ahn’Qiraj - It was originally a titan research station which housed the old god C’Thun before being commandeered by the aqir, who would become the qiraji led by the Twin Emperors: Vek’nilash and Vek’lor.
Yogg-Saron was imprisoned inside the titan complex of Ulduar within the depths of what would become the continent of Northrend.
And according Chronicles - N’Zoth was the first of the Old Gods to be sealed in an underground prison by the titan-forged after Y’Shaarj’s death, in a location halfway between the Well of Eternity and the site where Uldaman was later built
So his body - if phisichally not moved to Ny’alotha - should be somewhere there - actually in 2018 Bliiz itslef said : A portion of N’Zoth itself is located under the Crucible of Storms, in Kul Tiras
But I think his body moved too - Vexiona, the legions of servants, they are all “Travelled to Ny’alotha” and it was a common phrase “I travell to Ny’alotha’ when an old god servant 'died” - death is just a minor inconvinience to them, otside the cycle and all

2 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out what the hell it is we fight in the raid. The entire room is like you’re inside him, and this littler version (still the size of a house though) pops out in the middle that we’re supposed to fight…

It’s like being inside a Russian doll? I don’t get it

You forgot that all of Ny’alotha is also part of him, that’s why it falls apart when he is defeated. So you are fighting the N’zoth within N’zoth within N’zoth.

Embrace the cosmic horror, don’t try to understand it. Especially if you are into tentacles.

1 Like

As per the Adventure journal about Carapace of N’Zoth:

At the center of Ny’alotha stands a dread mountain of flesh, teeming with eyes and tendrils of unfettered corruption. Madness itself seeps from the writhing mass, eroding the sanity of all who approach it. This is the heart of the Black Empire, N’Zoth’s seat of power, the body of a god.

N’Zoth rallies his physical defenses, retreating deeper into his carapace at 50% and 50% health.

So yess, we are/were inside of him… :octopus:

Tbh I get the boss fight and how he is represented in Nyalotha, what I still don’t get is where his actual physical body went after 8.2. Either it’s still under the ocean or he moved planes entirely somehow to Nyalotha.
Somesort of blue respone would be nice on the matter.

well N´zoth is Nyalotha, they are one and the same, so technicaly when you enter Nyalotha, you are inside or on top of N´zoth all the time, I also think when we talk about their prisons, it technicaly meens their minds are inprisoned to some exent away from their bodies, becuse you can not move an old god, or it would end up the same as it did whit y´shaarj.
when you fight G´hun you are also insdie of him to some exetent, becuse he is a part of Ahn´giraj now, yogg saron is little bit different becuse he is literaly under the titan facility, so it seems it was build on top of him to keep him in check.

The way I understand it, Ny’alotha is a bit like a comic book character living inside of a thought bubble they themselves made.

N’Zoth envisions or “thinks” Ny’alotha into existence, and so creates a pocket dimension in which that location exists. He then transported his physical body inside that dimension - inside of the comic book thought bubble.

When he died, there was no one to maintain the realization of Ny’alotha - which is why the place disintegrated in our moment of triumph. No thought bubble without a character to think it.

Unfortunately nobody will be able to give you an actual answer because it really is a humonguous (get it? because N’zoth is really big) plot hole. If N’zoth disintegrates and dies, why aren’t we seeing swathes of Azeroth collapsing ? Why do we even need to find N’zoth when he’s so freaking massive? If he’s actually not physically on Azeroth anymore after being broken out of his prison, then why did nothing happen when he was freed?

You missed nothing. There’s nothing in the game addressing this, nor is there anything from Blizzard themselves. It’s just another huge flaw in the badly written mess that is BfA.

Then again, just look at this thread. People don’t even get the issue you’re pointing out. No wonder Blizzard gets away with writing nonsensical crap.

1 Like

No need to worry about any of this. After Shadowlands we either all die and reset in Wow 2, or we come out victorious but back on Azeroth as it was right after killing the Lich King (Arthas that is) and the whole of Cataclysm (perceived as a bad expac), Pandaria (introduction of Pandas which Blizzard themselves regret and also insane Garrosh), Draenor (need I say more?), Legion (we’ll get the good parts from this one in a new expac) and BfA are being retconned out of existence.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.