Where to i go after BloodHoof village mulgore

I am a player that used to play a long time ago and just got back in the game i made a tauren druid and finished all the quests in bloodhoof village but i dont know where to go next to continue questing because i didnt get any quests to go anywere

Can someone help me because i want to quest until lvl 15(im level 12) and then im going to start doing dungeons

Look in the north of the village and you will see a board to lead you somewhere else, probably to Northern barrens.

In addition to what Dottie already said,

See if the adventure journal has any tips (its a button next to the collections/mounts button on your toolbar).

Also, you might see the familiar yellow exclamation mark on the big map, either for Mulgore or for one of the zones surrounding Mulgore. Like Dottie already mentioned, Northern Barrens is the natural “next place to go” after Mulgore.

1 Like

people told me to go there but im preety sure you have to pass through a level 20-30 area and i tried to pass but i always fail

Yea south barrens is indeed higher level. Looking at the questlines in Mulgore though, one of the last mulgore quests is “Walk With The Earth Mother”, which sends you to Orgrimmar (the Horde capital city). If you didn’t get to that quest, don’t worry, it does not matter.

You can use the flight master in either Thunder Bluff or Bloodhoof village and fly to Orgrimmar from there. Once in the city you can walk to northern barrens, there is a bridge out of the city on the western side.

1 Like

Ok thank you i thought i had to go through that large get or whatever it is called(through the southern barrens i think irs called) which is level 30 area

Yea ;p sensible assumption (as in most cases that is how you go to the next zone, just crossing the border), but this is one of those exceptions :slight_smile:

That gate used to be the proper route until the Cataclysm happened and the barrens zone got tuned up (and amongst other things, split into a northern- and southern part).

There’s an easy route for Northern Barrens from Mulgore. Just fly to Orgrimmar and go from there through Durotar. The whole storyline starts near Durotar anyway there.

1 Like

Should i start questing in durotar or go straigh to the northen barrens

If you are just interested in getting to level 15 then it realy doesn’t matter. Durtar scales up to level 20.

Ok because there are some quests just at the front of orgrimmar i dont know if i should do those

Durotar is a similar-levelrange equivalent to Mulgore (a startingzone).

Since you already did one i wouldn’t bother doing Durotar quests, you’d likely run into problems at some point where you’re reaching too high a level for the quests (meaning they wont give as profitable rewards as quests in more appropriate zones would).

You can either cross the bridge inside Orgrimmar (and then walk quite a bit south until you see another bridge), or, like cedrad suggested you can walk through Durotar and follow the road into barrens from there.

In either case the camp you should end up in (where the quests start) is “Far Watch Post”.

Thank you so much dude

As you can see when you zoom out a little on the big map,

Durotar quests are effective from level 1 up to level 20,
Northern Barrens quests are effective from level 10 to 60.

Don’t worry, you won’t really spend your life there until level 60 :stuck_out_tongue:
But atleast the quests there will be effective for a long time and they wont turn grey on you.

When quests turn grey in the questlog they are no longer worth doing (unless you have an ulterior reason for wanting to do them, like because you like the story, or you still want the item it gives, but the XP rewards will suck and the gear it gives will not be great).
When quests turn green it indicates they’re a bit too easy and perhaps if you level up they might turn grey on you.
Yellow quests are generally what you should do.
Red quests are considered hard, you might do fine on them but if you find them difficult then just leave them for a little bit later (when you’ve dinged once or twice) and they’ll have turned yellow by then.

So should i just do all the quests here then go to the northen barrens

If I remember correctly the rear gate quest are ready for pick up at your lvl and you can travel that way out and quest in Azshara and lvl that way around.

Or you could travel to The Crossroads and get the quest there, and travel to the Barrens that way - I think one of the first quest are to deliver a letter, so you don’t have to go and kill marines and stuff like that.

:smile:

No one can decide, only you can.

In the Barrens you have village like task like kill zebras and lions and guard caravans.

In Azshara you are in the middle of territorial battles and you have test weapons and infiltrate areas :slight_smile:

I thought the “here” was Northern Barrens ? :slight_smile: But you can’t really go wrong if you’re doing quests that aren’t grayed out in your questlog.

After finishing up in a starting zone (which is usually Mulgore for Taurens, Durotar for Orcs, Eversong for Blood elves, …), I consider (Northern) Barrens to be one of the more solid options to spend a couple levels, but we’ve all got our own differing tastes.

I could say it’s mostly because the zone received a freshening up during the Cataclysm expansion (which is more recent than for most other lower level zones), a few cosmetic improvements, the quests having access to some more modern features, but really it’s just because you get to kill harpies, you get to kill lots of them, and nothing beats that, other than killing even more of them.

Assuming you didn’t hang around in Durotar too long, you’ve now left the world of starting zones, and you have a lot more options on where to spend your time.
If you feel like a change of scenery, have a look at the big map and see which zones have level ranges that include your character level. I’m (wildly) guessing you’re somewhere around level 20 to 25ish at the moment ?
If that’s true then you have about a handful of zones nearby that you could level in.

At level 20 you also unlocks mounts, which is great, that will allow you to get around faster, i’m sure you’ll be directed to look into that when you ding 20, but if not just fly your way back to Blood Hoof village in Mulgore and find a Kodo that fits.

With the increased mobility that brings with it, you could potentially even consider playing in some of the Zones on the other continent (in Eastern Kingdoms), as opposed to Kalimdor which is where you’ve spend your time so far. Kalimdor has a bit more options but the whole Hillsbrad/Wetlands/Arathi area in E.K. has its appeal too.

To get to the other continent, you could either take the portal/zeppelin to the Undercity in Eastern Kingdoms (from the big tower next to the flight master in Orgrimmar) this puts you in the Northern part of Eastern Kingdoms.

Or you could go to the town of Ratchet in Barrens where there is a ship that can take you to the jungles of Strangletorn (the southern tip of E.K.).

Or you could stay in Kalimdor ! Go whereever the Kodo leads you. Aslong as you don’t end up doing grey quests, and you see quests around, there is no bad place to level.

Andddd of course you now also have the ability to queue up for Dungeons to meet some other people and kill stuff together.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.