Where to see how fast my mount(s) are?

Hi!

I tried to search the web regarding this, i guess the answer is very simple since everyone played wow since 15 years ago, but me however is a noob since december. The answer is probably somewhere out there but couldnt find. (You get alot of out-of-context-content when you google this) :slight_smile:

I started to main a Druid in december and because of that (cat form, travel form etc…) i dont needed any mount, until now when i switched to DH instead.

1. Where to see Mount -speed on my mounts? Could just find some blurry answers regarding this on flying mounts (when you fly).
  2. Can you upgrade your ground mounts to go faster? How?

They’re all the same speed, with one exception: flying mounts are faster than ground mounts. See, your mounts are in two categories: ground mounts and flying mounts. Your riding skill dictates to how fast:

1. Your ground mounts go
  2. How fast your flying mounts go (and whether or not you can use them).

Here are the different mount riding skills:

• Apprentice riding: This is the first riding skill, without this you cannot use mounts (expect for Chauffeured Chopper). Your ground mounts go at 60% speed.
  • Journeyman riding: Your ground mounts go at 100% speed.
  • Expert riding: You can now use flying mounts, and they go at 150% speed (does NOT affect ground mounts).
  • Artisan riding: Your flying mounts now go at 280% speed.
  • Expert riding: Your flying mounts now go at 310% speed.

So if you get Expert riding, your ground mounts will be at 100% speed while your flying mounts will be at 310% speed (while flying). All mounts go at those speeds. Note that in some zones you will not be able to fly right off the bat, and you need to do something to unlock flying first.

And yes, there are actually two exceptions to this whole thing, since two mounts in the game actually go slower than your other mounts. The Sea Turtle and Chauffeured Chopper. These go at 60% speed regardless of your skill. There are also mounts that increase your underwater speed (such as the Sea Turtle) but it’s very situational how much these increase your swimming speed by.

Bottom line is that all your mounts go at the same speed.

2 Likes

I am not sure but hive mount also have some different speeds with more people on it.

/run print(GetUnitSpeed(“player”) / 7 * 100);

Here ya go, i use this for my paladin to check how much speed is ( easier to know if longstrider is worth 1 or 2 trait or if its even at max potential ect )

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.