Where would a Warlock even go?

This is, as it currently stands, simply a question of curiosity, less so guild-seeking. Which may, of course, change at a later date.

As a Warlock, where can you even go in RP? In my, frankly uneducated, way of seeing things there aren’t really any guilds a Warlock would, or could, fit in. Even if, for the sake of Argument, they’d be as morally good and sound as Warlockly possible (as mine would be for example) there is hardly a guild suitable, is there?

Edit: This is intended for an Alliance Warlock, as the Horde has way more leniance on Warlocks in a sense.

Warlocks are accepted generally speaking – there is no reason why they wouldn’t be in the lore. We see them employed by Horde and Alliance alike in the military, although having a demon with you in the middle of the city etc. would probably get you in trouble.

If you’re looking for a morally dubious guild to fit your warlock in on Alliance I’d recommend giving these lads a look…

7 Likes

wait until Unit Fourteen exists again

5 Likes

This isn’t a lore question, this is an RP Question.

And i think i’ll pass on the offer, thank you for it though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Depends really. There’s lots of mercenary and military guilds with less than savoury methods and not all races are necessarily biased against warlocks. I’m in a non-military, Desolate Council inspired Forsaken guild and I see zero reason as to why a warlock wouldn’t join us.

True enough! I reckon horde has it easier in that regard, as they are more…

… the Horde. (I’m a Horde main, so no offense lmfao)

1 Like

I think Horde tends to have more ins for warlock RP in guilds for sure especially with Forsaken et al like Rotwild mentions

8 Likes

Well any guild that deals with demons would greatly benefit from the expert knowledge a warlock brings.
mind you, warlocks have skills to banish and enslave demons, not just summon them and throw jade fire.

A warlock may also be of use in one of the many typical evil guilds, if you so incline.
Life of a warlock is generally controlled by their lust for more power so starting out small and growing with a gang who can supply you reagents or “test subjects” is not a bad deal.

Demon hunters would be down right hypocrites to turn a helpful warlock away, as they both share a fundamental ideal “fight fire with fire”

Me, I find my place in RP as a shady character who lives outside society, trading cursed goods and making deals with strangers who cross my path.

It depends on what kind of warlock you are.
if you are flashy and mutated with horns, you probably won’t be fitting in anywhere. if you are a more downlow kind of shady warlock you might find your home somewhere away from the crowds or in the night when all good folk are home and asleep.
or maybe you are a bit more War than lock, in which case the mercenary life is probably for you.

1 Like

What if i am more Science than Warlock.

Like practical applications rather than just “DEMONS FEL YAY DESTRUCTION”

My Warlock is “morally good” as i say. She siphons her Fel, if at all, from herself or enemies, doesn’t go for World Dominance etc. Her means and methods are unorthodox at most

I don’t see that being a distinction most people will care about IC. Which is reasonable, seeing as fel magic is universally fueled by life and has a corrupting effect on nearly everything it touches.

It’s a bit like growing horrible bacteria and viruses in your basement. Sure it’s for academic purposes and not with any intention of ever unleashing it on anyone, but that’s unlikely to put people at ease when being offered tea in your living room.

As Vakosh kindly worded it, fel magic is evil magic, no grey area

however like I mentioned.
You may find a home with a group who needs your expertise
or you may insert yourself as a traveling demon expert who can deal with any rampant problem that may arise.

While our magic is evil, we as the caster are not always evil.
So the fun of the roleplay comes from convincing the normies that we are on their side or keep up the deception that we are, if you so fancy.

2 Likes

That’s the point, my Characters Magic is Evil, my Character is not.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.