Which 4 professions and 4 specs feel the most appropriate for an adventuring explorer?

For professions, I’m not including secondary professions since everybody gets access to all of those. My votes go to:

• Engineering, because of all the gadgets and toys you can use in the open world.
  • Alchemy. Something about it feels very relevant to this question. Like Geralt of Rivia, knowing how to enhance your abilities by combining ingredients you’ve found in the wilderness.
  • Enchanting seems almost like it could be a spec of its own. Empowering items with magical proprties feels like something a wandering wizard would do.
  • Last one for me is a toss-up between Leatherworking and Herbalism. Both feel appropriate and useful for a traveler. Especially with all the tents and stuff you can make.

For specs, I feel like I’d have to go with:

• Outlaw
  • Survival
  • Brewmaster
  • Fury

How about you?

:slight_smile: hat all depends on the background story or theme/esthetic you’re going for.
If you’re a Undead Warlock you’ll probably run affliction and alchemy.
Or Destruction and Engineering.
Or Demonology and enchanting.
If you’re a Gnome Hunter Beastmaster you’d go Engineering and mining
Etc.
Ussually the Race has a lot of Inspiration already and if combined with a class and spec it should already more or less tell you the most fitting professions. So just pick whatever you feel makes sense for the character you are creating.:slight_smile:

For me, Mage class is always good choice for the adventurer, because they are always looking for new things to learn and gather knowledge.

For professions, beside cooking, archeology and fishing, I love herbalism and inscription. Inscription fits pretty well.

From your options, maybe I would go as Hunter with Leatherworking and Skinning.