Which Character?

Good evening Everyone.

I am after some advice. I have recently rejoined Warcraft. I was playing shadowlands but then my pc broke shortly after hitting 60. Coming back it is clear to me that I am so far behind, without a lot of work I am never going to be able to catch up. I don’t know dungeons, torgast …anything. I could spend ages looking into it but tbh I can’t be bothered. So tomorrow I will hit renown 80 on my holy priest then I plan to just leave it till either next big patch or… next expansion. While she takes a rest I thought it might be fun to start a brand new character and slowly level it.

So here comes the ask, and before anyone says “class trial” or “play what you enjoy” I have some criteria and wonder if anyone could let me know what they think would most suit me.

My holy priest is just that a HOLY priest, I never go shadow or disc. So as you can Imagen it is a bit of hard work to quest and get things done. As this new alt is only for fun as I will want to go back to my priest at some point I was wondering if anyone could point me in direction of a class that is:

1. Good survivability
  2. Very easy to use. (No heavy rotation)
  3. Great at doing solo content.

This character will prob just be used to work on loremaster…

Any ideas? Also I play on an RP realm so once I picked a class be nice to have an idea on best race that matches it for lore too. Alliance preferably.

Thank you for you time and I wish you a pleasant day.

Kind regards
Super.

4 Likes

Guardian druid, if you don’t mind the slow clear :smiley:

Tons of survivability, faceroll rotation and is easy for most of solo content you can’t die sadly have lack of dps.

4 Likes

9.2 will likely be out third week of February. You might keep an eye on that, and the catch-up mechanbics that will be added.

These three have all you want, and more:

Hunter (Beast Mastery)

Demon Hunter (both Havoc and Vengeance)

Paladin (both Retribution and Protection, and you hav a Healer spec as a bonus)

DH and Paladin both have Tank specs, which make questing and Torghast extremely comfortable when desired. BM hunter has a pet to tank.

BM Hunter is a very relaxed life questing, and in dungeons up to a point.

Havoc Demon Hunter is just silly fun to play. :smiley: Not the deepest class, but fun!

Personally, I find both specs of Paladin always fun. Never get tired of either. (But I do not heal, so can’t comment on Holy spec.)

Of other classes:

Druid has it ALL. Everrrrry-thing. And the kitchen sink. Endless function. Endless perks. But you have to live as an animal. Some love that; some don’t.

Edit:

Yeah, Guardian, or ANY tank class, pretty much can’t die in the world, and can die, but with difficulty, in Torghast. But animal form is a very specific taste.

2 Likes

Depends, on my guardian druid on 9.0, I did Twisted Corridors and last boss had like 40ish stacks.

1 Like

beastmastery hunter

every time if its just for open world content.

you’ll thank yourself later for picking BM hunter… because it makes life so much easier and less hassle especially for loremaster.

i did however do loremaster myself in 2018 as a boomie druid… also good … pop out of flying form moonfire a area to death and back into flying form before even hitting the ground

1 Like

Sorry, I missed the race question.

There really aren’t any bad choices.

For Paladin, Human, Dwarf, Draenei and Lightforget Draenei all work extremely well, depending how you envision your character.

For Demon Hunter, you have only one choice per faction! :stuck_out_tongue:

Druid? On Alliance, I wouldn’t consider anything other than The Original - Night Elf. I mean, the others work if you have a specific idea about their backstory, but Nelfves are surely the mainline.

For Hunter, absolutely everything works equally well.

Do you have any thoughts about the classes suggested so far?

1 Like

I wish my pc died at the begining of shadowlands :smiley:

8 Likes

Kul Tiran Guardian Druid. Guardian is unkillable, has a very simple rotation (you press thrash, and then you roll your face over the keyboard), and the Kul Tiran forms are amazing.

Also, don’t be an elf. Everyone’s an elf, don’t be one of many - stand out, and be a kul tiran!

5 Likes

Kul tirans are the ugliest race in the game though.

2 Likes

go tauren or go home!!

i guess kultiran is really awesome as well, love the whole drust druid vibe they have going on!

2 Likes

Interesting question.

I’d say that Prot Paladin ranks just above Guardian as “unkillable” in questing zones, at least if you are awake and at the keyboard. Protadin has So. Many. “Oh S###!” buttons that can save any situation. I mean, how does instant complete invulnerability on demand sound? or instant full-health heal?

Maybe if you’re afk, Guardian, that big bag of HP, with Resto Affinity for the trickle heal, might top it.

1 Like

Join us huntards, you won’t regret it

1 Like

Beastmaster hunter, Night Elf. Because night elves are awesome :heart:
Honestly, any race will do. If you like more guns, go dwarf. Or if you like mechanical bunnies, go gnome

1 Like

No, Kul Tirans are great, both male and female. Best race after Mechagnomes and Gnomes.

You see, therein lies the difference. For a Guardian, you don’t have to be awake. You equip a Rank 1 Ursoc’s legendary, and hit thrash, then loot.

I dunno, never fell below 90% health as a Guardian, so I wouldn’t know. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m surprised no one said rogues… they are the king of CCs, so if whatever you’re fighting can be stunned, kicked or sapped, you have an easy job.

An outlaw has a quite easy priority system, apart from rolling a buff and keeping up an attack speed increase, it’s a build and spend playstyle, and Assassins can murder single targets very quickly.

For that one, a hooman or kultiran is always fitting. Nelf is another great pick, if RP is that important velf is great for assa (and sub, but that spec is hard to master).

1 Like

Night Elf Druid. You have 4 specs, two of which are DPS specs you choose from. So, you can be either a Range DPS or Melee DPS. They have fairly good survivability. They are not very complicated to learn. They are definitely good for solo content.

Also, if you are playing as a Night Elf, they have Shadowmeld(racial ability), which is very useful, especially if you are doing a solo instance and you want to reset the boss for whatever reason, you can just Shadowmeld or if you are stuck in combat, you can just Shadowmeld. Stuck in an awkward conversation, Shadowmeld. Girlfriend’s telling you to do something, you really don’t want to do, Shadowmeld.

You are in a coffee shop, waiting on your girlfriend, she’s late and, you’re getting bored waiting. You pick up your phone, trying to kill time. There’s nothing interesting going on. So, you put your phone back down and start to think about random stuff. You start to think about happy stuff. It makes you smile. You are not really paying attention to where or what your eyes are looking at. Because you got lost in your mind and, you are not really conscious about what your face is doing. A few seconds later, you snap out of your daydreaming, you notice some random girls sitting 3 tables ahead, smiling at you and, you are not sure why they are smiling at you. You try to do a polite gesture and smile back at them. And for some reason, you decide to throw in a head nod as well. Because I don’t know. Why not.

You turn your head towards the door, still wearing a smile on your face, you see that your girlfriend has finally arrived and, glaring at you. You are like “oh she’s mad”, you wonder why she’s angry. You realize she’s angry at you. You can see it in her eyes. She looks at the girls and then, looks back at you. Yeah, that’s confirmed, she’s mad at you. And, you are no longer smiling. You wanna try to explain the situation to her but you know that whenever she’s in this state of mind, she won’t be listening to even one word of what you have to say. you try to think of an exit strategy instead. And, you are like “Man, how I wish I had Shadowmeld right now”.

So yeah, you get the point, whenever in doubt, just Shadowmeld.

7 Likes

Now I want to know how it goes on after.
Got me hooked!

3 Likes

You could, you know, play a priest (a gnome one, for the high intelligence, of course) and use Mind Soothe, and fix the situation rather than shadowmelding away from it. Just sayin’.

2 Likes

On the same note I was thinking about feigning death but I’m not sure how it would end up

1 Like

I agree with others who say BM Hunter. Although people deride the class I love mine and I think it is most fun for levelling.

1 Like