Which race/class for skinning/lw farm?

Hey, I would like to make an alt for skinning&lw farm - I heard it’s of of the best ways to farm raw gold, it has higher gold per minute than farming old raids. And I really need to farm some gold so I can afford wow tokens :slight_smile:

Could you please tell me which Alliance race/class (except druid) would be the best for such farming in BfA or older content?

Rogue for vanish and sap to skin killed beasts quick and avoid a patrol coming.

Night Elves are awesome too for that weak vanish version (use it to stealth and cast your flying mount)

Other than that I don’t see any particular class/race that has an edge for this

For old raids it pretty much won´t matter what class you´ll choose since you will steamroll any of the older raids (cata and wot). Speed might be more important but that might be trivial.

But for LW/skinning you do want a spec with a tank or high aoe damage. So if not druid (personally I would recommend it, guardian/boomkin super good at both), I think that most safe bet would be a Demon hunter. Pretty good aoe on havoc and solid tanking and aoe with vengeance.

But in shadowlands pretty much every skill has a target cap, so pulling huge mop piles might take a longer time to kill and being a tank spec might not be the most efficient.

Will the lw/skinning farming still be worth in Shadowlands? I heard they are reducing the crafted items price from 35 gold to some silvers…

Old world (or BfA and Legion) shuffles are going to be nerfed really hard to a point that they are not profitable at all. But leatherworking is going to get some new armor kits (temporal enchantment on gear) and some new drums (but only 15% haste).

So all in all I would say that there is a bit more market for leatherworking in shadowlands because you are not forced to craft gear, you’ll have a consumable crafting option. And legendary crafting might be a big seller since the materials do require a quite the grind.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.