Which realm to choose?

Hello!
I’ve been playing WoW on and off since the end of WoD. I’ve always played on Argent Dawn, but lately I’ve been thinking of getting involved in PvP and PvE instead of RP. Should I try another realm, and if so, which should I choose?

Many guides recommend choosing a realm with majority population of your faction. Why so? I play on Horde.

Are there differences between community spirit in realms, like is some realm more toxic and elitist than another? I’m pretty casual player, but would want to try raiding and arenas nevertheless, and I don’t want to get yelled about how bad and noob I am.

And what tips could you give me regarding finding a guild? I’m looking for something relaxed and social, with also active PvP and PvE runs.

Ppl suggest high pop alliance realm for alliance characters and high pop horde realms for horde characters which are silvermoon(alliance) and draenor(horde)

Why? Simply because there are more options, more ppl to play with.

Just look at my realm, dead and alliance heavy. I ended up here because my ex and wont leave now because i made friends here and found a guild to raid heroic with.
But we do struggle with numbers and recruitment is pretty dead.

If i could choose i would go on a realm with high amount of ppl even if not the biggest server. Think there is a site realmpop or something to check alliance horde ratios and population. Careful not to choose a realm of other language. Some realms also have high population of a certain nationality which you might wanna avoid.
Reading trade chat in like orgrimmar will give you a sense of the place. How active it is and all that.

How to find a guild that fits you. Well i would check the available guilds out and their progression on wowprogress and then whisper an officer about joining the one i like.

To answer your direct question, all I can advise is that you read solidly through

and follow the links to find promising guilds.

However, if I were you, I’d make a start on whatever it is you want to do beginning from where you are, with the character(s) you have.

Changing realm will not magically make you more eligible to play PvE or PvP, and you haven’t really started on either, even at the low end, so it’s not like you’re specifically looking for a Mythic progression guild or a 2400+ team. You can get into lower level PvE and PvP content just as easily from anywhere. I would find it demoralising to pay for a transfer or level a new character and then find myself making no progress in the new environment.

High-pop realms with your faction in an overwhelming majority are better for the obvious reasons, but I will say that AD Horde is an exception. AD is big enough that Horde, though a minority, are a decently sized minority, and still have plenty of people to be viable and form a community. And of all the realms I’ve seen, AD has the best sense of public community. CRZ destroyed all other realms, but the RP barrier saved AD.

Entry- and mid-level PvE and PvP can be done from any realm quite easily, and in your shoes I’d establish a track record and experience on AD, and only then, when you’re getting into the really competitive areas, consider whether you need to move.

Join these:

Community:

Discord:

These are cross-realm groups that do low to mid level M+ and raids, in a friendly atmosphere.

That covers your PvE.

I don’t know about PvP. I do know that the best way to start is to grind random battlegrounds. While I see you have done some, you could certainly do a lot more.

There are PvP Discords. You can find them easily enough with a search. I don’t know enough to recommend one.

I do know that realms matter little for PvP purposes, except rated BGs, because there is no need to keep teams together. For arenas, it’s up to you to make connections with people and play with them regularly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.