Which spec in torghast?

Hi

havent tried torghast in 9.1 … did not really liked it before so i have avoided it as much as i can :slight_smile:

wanna upgrade my legendarys so i guess i have to give it a try.

i suck as a player, period. slow reactions, forget mechanics etc

should i go blood? can i solo layer 9 and get ok rating?

have around 215-218 ilvl depending on spec and bis for that spec

Blood for sure.

1 Like

thx! blood it is!

i have no legendary for that, should i get like superstrain you think? lots of gold and soulash though

190 superstrain will be fine, should be less than 20k gold.
Make sure it’s on a non chest/shoulder/bracer/helm/gloves item.
Put it on a ring/necklace/cloak ideally.

1 Like

oki, thanks again!

edit, which stat should i go for? is it still vers? id like to maximize my dps.

i strongly recommend crimsom rune weapon leggy, it makes tanking m+ much much much easier both in survival but also in the initial agro
puls helps a ton with rune regen to a point where i have 12% haste and its enough, rest full on versa
its also great for necrotic weeks as it delays stacks alot due to all the parry you do

Unholy. Playing a tank will only prolong your run unnecessarily.

If you feel insecure make sure you clean out every room 100% to get all the anima powers. If you do that it won’t even matter if you’re tank or dps or even a heal because you will be so overpowered

I would say it doesnt matter

all 3 dk specs works well in torghast, but that might just be me, i like to change spec often on dk

I feel like frost and unholy are inferior to blood in thorghast. I’m 235 equipped as frost and unholy and cant clear layer 11.

As 227 blood I clear layer 12.

Frost and unholy lack defense

ouch, will be tough for me as a poor player to fix that by my self i guess :slight_smile:

I’m having a lot of issues enjoying totghast as a DK. I’m always last damage dealer of my group, let it be when playing blood or unholy.

I master the specs but I guess I fall short when it comes to choosing the right anima powers and/or playing with them.

I’ve tried the Lichborn based build, the Death grip + Death coil minion spawing, the interrupt Icebound fortitude dragon combo.
But every single time my druid, shaman and warrior pals run the show.

Do you have some tips or guides to share?

Hello there fellow death knights. I have completed 4 layer 12 with flawless rank usually around 220 to 226 final score and cleared adamant vaults. You can run both frost or unholy and clear layer 12 as solo with flawless rank. I did this on my main around 237 item level and on my alt which was 226 item level. I am running as unholy and here are some tips and tricks for those who need some advice:

• I run clawing shadows, unholy blight, asphyxiate, soul reaper, wraith walk, unholy pact and army of the damned.
    -Stats are 14% crit, 20%haste, 61% mastery and 8% versatility. I use flask and food buff before entering layer 12.
  • If you have access to any shard of domination with appropriate gear, all the better.
    -Depending on the layer you are entering, you may want to either do small pulls (2-3 mobs) or big pulls if you have CD’s ready.
    -I play with deadliest coil legendary and always take Monstrous Concoction. You no longer need to cast lichborne to get the damage buff from it. Your death coil gives you the damage buff whether you use to dps or heal yourself. If you stack this anima power you get insane damage increase and it synergizes very well with your legendary (deadliest coil makes your death coil cost 30 RP instead).
    -Skull bloomer is another anima power which increases your death coil damage so keep an eye out for that as well.
    -I never take epic anima power to get bonus points for clearing layer 12 and get flawless score, take whenever you see Obleron powers, especially if you can stack haste + mastery with them. Remember your pets also benefit from your stats. You also get bonus points in the end if you can collect 5x of an obleron power.

If you take multiple Monstrous Concoction combined with Skull bloomer and death turf, you will be doing very high single target dps and you can quickly kill elites and bosses. Also remember to spend your tower knowledge to get further dps and defensive benefits.

For big pulls, you need to have your defensive CD ready, what I basically do is to pull 2-3 packs with necrolord abomination limb, 2x festering strike on elite, 1 death coil to get the damage increase, dark transformation, unholy blight, apocalypse, death and decay then I start to spam clawing shadows while remaining inside death and decay. Depending on the situation I may use Anti magic shell, anti magic zone, icebound fortitude to stay alive. If I am at high HP I will use epidemic or if I need sustain I will use death strike. Use death coil to renew your Monstrous Concoction damage buff.
-Always use your empowered buff to kill end bosses. Use your empowered buff late towards killing the second floor boss and quickly grap anima power and enter 3rd floor while your empower buff is active. You will notice that your empower buff has stopped upon entering floor 3 but you get 100% bonus point once you move to floor 4!

If you have any further questions I can help. Good luck !

6 Likes

Playing as BDK - got almost insta invites even in much better geared grp who focused on 5 stars.

If you can’t clear it with that ilvl as dps I’m sorry but you either are really unlucky with anima powers or just suck at the game period. I’m 229 and I can easily run through layer 11 as unholy. And I’m nowhere near an Elite PvE Player ^^

Now, I suggest you just clear out every room until you get every Anima power there is if you’re having this much trouble clearing torghast.

thnx! great info!

1 Like

9.1 Torghast is a joke, especially once you advance in the Box of Many Things a bit. All 3 spec fr DK should be able to beat it with relative ease, have beaten it with both UH and Frost, havent tried Blood.

1 Like

Oh snap! I never realized that was part of the changes to that power. So used to it being tied to healing, so as frost I only generally stack it when I get Undertaker’s Crown and Lich Robes.

Def. going to try out a couple of runs as UH now. :smiley:

1 Like

did my first run in torghast since 9.0.5 the other day.

first as uh with ~224 ilvl then as blood with ~222, blood was so much easier. layer 9, gonna try the others later. did the drw legendary 235 with crit and haste. worked nice.

As Blood it’s easy solo, even with deaths you can do perfect 12s. Today I had 265 points in 225 gear. And then there was one where I died and had over 225 or so. But you need that orb which allows you to shoot deathcoils around, without it it’s a hassle.

you might be doing somethings quite specific that I’m not aware of then because I’ve never reached that high of a score at any level.
Do you have a good guide or tips and tricks that you can share with us?