Which Spec is the most viable currently?

Hello, dear demon masters!

As newbie warlock (still leveling) trying to find most viable and balanced spec in game (PVE-mostly and for both Myth+ & Raid)

Firstly I want to declare my first impressions about these three spec.

Affli : Really have potential at ST. But AOE rotation is looking bit complicated you can face really huge dps loss if you cannot manage your tab targetting and dotting. (Still feels the weakest at leveling probably in 3 of them I did the lowest dps with affli, probably will find its real power at end game)

Demo: Beast AOE, Weak ST. (If I am not wrong I can execute my rotation with %10 error. Still sometimes losing lead in DPS ranking. It feels like they have wall and you cannot breach it. Your ST dps is stacking at some point. You cannot truly burst.)

Destru: Simple ST (boring & effective at least better than AFFLI) Medium AOE
Easy rotation.

I could not decide which one should i go. End of the day these are my impressions as novice lock. I expect to help from expert demon masters already full with gratitude.

Its about your playstyle :slight_smile: … for me Destro pvp cuz i love big crits and one shoting , and demo for pve m+ cuz demo is funny as well :slight_smile:

Every single spec has its uses in both M+ and Mythic Uldir. For example;

Taloc = I prefer Affliction here. It’s pure single target. During the elevator phase people say you may lose DPS compared to a Destruction but I don’t agree much. I keep 1 agony on the boss and use the SSs I generate as UAs on the Coalesced Bloods.

Mother = Again, Affliction is the best. In the last room; no way Destruction and Demo can avoid all these mechanics and still be efficient.

Fetid = Here I prefer Destruction. Eggs need to die and Destruction with quick Chaos Bolts, together with Havoc, can both help with the killing of eggs and still cleave to boss.

Zek’Voz = Demo just DESTROYS here. Demo’s ST is almost as strong as Affliction. But when Slithid Warriors spawn; Demo just pulls wayyyyy ahead.

I don’t wanna continue with other bosses but I hope you can see my point here.

As for the M+. You gotta respec for certain Afflixes. If its Tyranical; you should go Affliction. If Fortified; Demo. I personally don’t like Destruction in M+s.

Id say destro is the most universal, if you want to do some higher tier content then you will be changing talents anyway.

But for some “casual” playing destro is simple to use, has pretty high DPS too and well its simple, so you dont need to worry about complications just force in one chaos bolt and its over be it mythics,raids or PvP …

My personal favourite is affli, still my highest single target dps on warlock and dots and stuff allow for mobility …

There is nothing worse than getting orbed on mythrax right when you pop for example infernal as destro …

For leveling/low-mid level end gam content i would recommend Destro. Like you said simple rotation, simple to master alright at everything, amster of non :smiley:.

If your looking to get into more high end PvE content during end game it gets slightly more complicated. Personally for raiding (mythic progression) i prefer and play affliction. It has the strongest single target, as well as burst on the bosses. Mythic+ however… oh boy. Affliction, especially with the new lvl 10 trait, reaping, is absolutly unviable for mythic+. In low mythic+ affliction is not viable due to the mobs not living long enough for you to put out any meaning full dmg and on higher key stones you run into issues with reaping. Reaping requires burst aoe, and due to the souls not despawing should you wipe to them and being harvested on the next reaping, having 1/3 dpsers dealing next to no dmg to them affliction is not viable. Demo would be the go to spec for mythic+ in my opinion.

conclusion:
leveling/casual end game: Destro
Heroic/Mythic raiding: Affliction
Mythic+: Demo

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.