Whirlwind buff is no longer working while bladestoming?

So, as you all know, there is a talent for Fury warriors called [Improved Whirlwind] or [Meat Cleaver] which makes your next abilities hit additional targets for a few single target spells after you cast [Whirlwind].
I am tracking this buff since forever, since its pretty needed in m+. So I was always aware when its up and when its not.
There is also this next talent called [Unhinged] which makes your [Bladestorm] cast [Bloodthirst] several times durning your BS…

The interaction worked like this → I used whirlwind before bladestorming and the Bloodthirst (which is single target ability) casts durning bladestorm were buffed by the Improved whirlwind buff meaning → Bloodthirst cleaved durning this time aswell!

Meaning, not only way more damage, but also way more applications of hero talent [Reap the storm]. Which is another strong AOE if casted with Cleaved Bloodthirst…

Recently, THIS STOPPED WORKING!
Improved whirlwind no longer buffs bloodthirst durning bladestorm…
I cannot find anything about this… no blue post, nothing
I wonder if this is a bug, or if its a feature…? Because by saying of the spells, it SHOULD work as i described it earlier since whirl wind makes your next single target abilities cast on multi targets and bloodthirst is a multitarget ability…

Yes, it doesn’t work like that anymore.

Is that intended, or is it a bug? Source please if you have one

Intended……

Where do you see any blue posts about this? Seems to have gone under the radar because it’s the first I’ve heard of it.

it was a nerf of unhinged, BT no longer aoe with meat cleave, MS no longer cleave with sweeping strike during BS

It was a hotfix sometime in the past 3-4 weeks. Definitely post launch.

Edit:

Continuing the discussion from The War Within Hotfixes - 23 August:

That change might be the one that stung the most on the ‘feels good’ factor, as you no longer get that efficiency feel of Titanic Rage into storm.

Wasn’t broken either, just a neat little thing that felt good.

For arms tho, it likely was a bit too strong. As mortalstrike actually deals damage :dracthyr_a1:

1 Like

That’s why I didn’t catch it, it was there all along (since TWW launch). This was obviously done because they could see both Arms/Fury had great AOE burst already, I mean Fury was the best in the game along with Frost DK pre nerf, still is one of the best even after the nerf.

That was beyond awful change, esp that odyn’s fury grants whirlwind, nice synergy, sweeping strike is 75% cleave and it hits the closes pixels to your target so you had to positoin yourself properly vs pet classes in pvp for example to hit what you want, and then still a luck sometimes to get what u wanted, tahts why I loved it on fury for more chance to hit, just to get cold steel hot blood. But why in PvP they also nerf these abilities damage? Actually can just ignore that talen in arms now and stakc x2 overpower+x2 execute debuff and dmg bonus to mortal from hero talents after spinning, it deals whooping 2mil crit into mage, inside the spear
Just remember it takes 2overpower2executes 1bladestorm, 1set of all cds → CSmash → Sharpen → Critical strike

Exactly, the way it was procing Reap the storm, the BT Crit dot, and such was very satysfing…