Whirlwind Tracker

Hi guys quick question, i am maining warrior since the end of BFA and i must say i love this class. I started with fury in the beginning of SL since it was the best spec for M+ back then, now that the times have changed and fury became alot better in M+ i i really wanne try it out now. I was wondering if its possible with Bartender or something to move the WW stacks a bit more in the middle so its easier to keep track of it.

Create or download a weak aura

what i did in my old ui with bartender… ill put weakauras above the actual keybinds / macros in same size etc that displays me stacks and uptime (use the “anchor to” option and select on bartender)

1 Like

that sounds like a good idea, i look into that!

That’s pretty much what I have done for most stuff. For important things like whirlwind and such I use visual weak auras above my bars though, because it’s much easier to spot in combat.

It’s a bit annoying to see because it includes arms:

1. Whirlwind stacks/overpower stacks
  2. rage bar
  3. swing timer (arms) / enraged (fury)
  4. bladestorm bar

Reason for this setup is that I can easily spot my charges, rage and enraged timer vs bladestorm timer in the same spot. This is modified version of “Luxthos warrior core” which serves as the base of my changes.

https://i.imgur.com/iiy3cXR.png

Here are my overlays; I use masque Caith for the bars themselves and “zoom” for the weak auras so they match the positions. Most of them are buff duration overlays. Ignore pain shows the amount of HP left, and battle shout overaly shows how many people have it in raid like 5/20.
https://i.imgur.com/CgnMtFa.png

1 Like

I use a WeakAura that makes my Whirlwind action button glow when I do not have the Whirlwind buff on me. It’s quite easy to set this up.

Trigger:
Type: Aura
Name(s): Whirlwind
Show On: Aura(s) Missing
Actions:
Glow External Element
Glow Action: Show
Glow Frame Type: Frame Selector
Glow Type: Action Button Glow
Frame:
use the Choose button to select your Whirlwind action button.

Load:
In Combat
Player Class: Warrior

I created a trigger function that can be used in addition to the trigger I mentioned above which requires at least 2 enemies to be nearby, so that the Whirlwind action button doesn’t glow in single-target encouters.

function()
    local checkRateSeconds = 0.5
    local maxUnitsToCheck = 50
    local maxRangeYards = 5
    local maxEnemiesRequired = 2

if((not aura_env.lastCheckTime) or (GetTime() - aura_env.lastCheckTime > checkRateSeconds)) 
    then
        aura_env.lastCheckTime = GetTime()

local enemyCount = 0
        for i=1, maxUnitsToCheck
        do
            local unitId = "nameplate"..i
            if (UnitCanAttack("player", unitId) and UnitAffectingCombat(unitId) and WeakAuras.CheckRange(unitId, maxRangeYards, "<="))
            then
               enemyCount = enemyCount + 1
            end
            if (enemyCount >= maxEnemiesRequired) then break end
        end

aura_env.enemyCount = enemyCount
    end

return aura_env.enemyCount >= maxEnemiesRequired
end

You’d need to add a 2nd trigger with the following configuration:

Type: Custom
Event Type: Status
Check On: Every Frame
Custom Trigger: [insert the code shown above]

1 Like

nice i will give it a go when i come back from work thanks alot!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.