White textures on models, rarely

i.imgur DOT com/ZF8tbtg.png

Most agregious example recently - it didn’t use to look like this, I’ve done this quest a bunch of times now.

Full reinstall of the game, completely getting rid of everything seems to not help.

Another frequent example is the shoulderpad of the manari dude in Dalaran sewers that’s part of the rogue class hall quests.

My best guess? It’s the Radeon drivers. Since I also have noticed WoW specifically is a game that frequently casues the drivers to crash at random times, and I recall there being many issues with it previously.

My GPU is a Radeon RX 5700, cpu is Ryzen 5 3600, and it does not appear the same issue of black textures that’s documented since shadowlands on way, way older amd cpus.

2 Likes

Heya,

Given your description graphics drivers are most likely. You can try reverting to older AMD drivers or simply clean installing your current. It could also be worthwhile disabling relive overlay which will automatically start from task scheduler:

• Open the Windows search bar
  • Type Task Scheduler
  • Find Start DVR
  • Right click and choose disable

Hope this helps.

I have seen this too. A gnome taxi driver from Mechagon. He is in an aeroplane. Zero colors on him. Only white textures. Don’t bother doing anything. Thats another 9.1 bug I think. Report it.

3 Likes

That’s not a Radeon driver issue, I have the same issue with RTX 3090 since 9.1 (drivers, all the software and the OS are up to date).

I have seen this bug on some NPCs in BFA only so far.

The latest example is nagas that stand near “Shoalbreach Lance” NPCs, lances themselves are fine, everything that surrounds them is fine, other nagas are fine too but those nagas that stand near lances are completely white and have no textures.

I have also seen it with some ferry drivers in Boralus a few days ago but thought that this was a temporal glitch

With nagas, though, I can reproduce the bug over and over again.

Restarting the game does not help, those specific NPCs (only) have no textures still.

I have no crashes OP mentioned, though.

1 Like

It’s not driver or hardware issue. Game is broken after patch. I see a lot of this - only in previous content. Broken spirits in Bwonsamdi quest BFA, broken Rakesh in Lightbringer quest Legion, broken orks in Drenor. Actually I see that quite recent, and in all OLD content only.