Who is asking for this nerfs?

Played destro in a 18 lower kara, had good geared warrior (just like me on lock) Our dps was in pair at the end of key - roughly 20k dps.

Doing some junkyard, I have about 24k dps, other classes have 22k (key range 19-22)
But my haste + shockbot is making the diff, like it always was in Yard.

Is blizzard completely out of touch with playebase? I am watching Xyronic atm and warlock in his team, where they timed Junkyard 25, did 45k dps. Thats big number, right? (Mage did 30k fyi) but there are few pieces that are missing. Why I donā€™t deal this dmg as a warlock with really good gear in week 1? For average players who are 'quite good" but without team, these numbers are out of reach. Tanks are not pulling big enough, I donā€™t have PI on demand, etc. Literally, nobody asks for these nerfs! Why rip the spec after itā€™s been tuned down? With these nerfs, destro is going to be played only in 3 keys where big enough pulls will be overshadowing the nerf.

4 Likes

Yeah I just donā€™t see them being overpowered anymore. Survival was still broken though.

1 Like

Literally bang on with this point. I see so many other spec absolutely blasting. Arms warrior is ridiculous. WW monk, fire mage. None get nerfs, why because itā€™s enjoyable. Why ruins the player bases fun and completely gut destro? Especially when only the minority are able to abuse the aoe potential. A week of pointlessly playing and gearing a spec just for it to be sent to the gutter. RIP

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts, big numbers destr warlock is only possible in coordinated groups with really big pulls. Thatā€™s the situation where AoE dmg is huge. Any other situations we are average dps class.
Especially in new 'old dungeons, where we can clearly see thereā€™s only few big trash groups, and the damage profile is more focused on small groups/single target priority dps.
Additionally, Immolation Aura nerf is only the range of it nerf or dmg/duration nerf?

Say a big thank you to the players out there for the Nerfs to destrolock they are the biggest reason.

I hate people like you even more than the original whiners.

Im not a whiner. Thereā€™s a lot less people playing game rn in this wannabe season season. But itā€™s alright, some people are hardcore fans and they will play regardless. I do like wow and I consider myself one of them. To not throw empty words, thereā€™s just a small comparison between S3 and S4 atm:

487k vs 117k Hunters
138k vs 18k Dks
347k vs 78k Warlocks

Anyway, blizzard is disconnected when it comes to the tuning of warlocks, I will not speak about other classes, I aint no expert.
At the start of SL, perhaps it was 1 day, destro conduit that support immolation aura was hard nerfed, making it a sleeper spec for whole 2 seasons.
In s3, we received a 5% buff, that noone asked for, since we got a good tier set.
That tier set had a flaw, since you could chain over and over ritual of chaos and extend the duration of your % chance of spawning new mini infernal, it should never be like this, instead it would be nice if it was a one extension and thats it.

In s4 this is gone and itā€™s overdone, itā€™s bad. But itā€™s fine, we can still manage being somewhat useful from Gambit dungeon, to a Lower Kara, perhaps Iron Docs, but it wasnā€™t looking good anyway.

Whatā€™s ā€œOPā€ about warlock, but any class Iā€™d say, is that if you support it with externals, it become more snowbally than it is supposed to. So if a NF priest feds Fury warrior with PI and Fearies, this happens: (images are from after the nerf btw)

i.imgur. com/TWTk3Eo.jpg

and if itā€™s on a warlock, this happens:
i.imgur. com/TvMaD0p.jpg

ā€¦ but my problem is that this kind of people are the ā€˜proā€™ type of players, they know how to utilize in game mechanics for max benefit.
This is not the case for every other Destro lock out there. No externals, no big pulls, just PepoClap average Joe, 20 yard:
i.imgur. com/ZxRPvFn.jpg

After the nerf, we lost:
With madness leggo
4.5% in ST
8.1% in 2 target using chaos bolt
15.2% in 8 targets (playing Cataclysm talent)

With wilfredā€™s leggo
4.8% in ST
12.1% in 2 targets, using rain of fire
16.8% in 8 targets (playing with Inferno talent)

Blizzard said, theyā€™d nerf Immolation Aura from Infernal, they specifically said that, but blasphemy got also nerfed. This results in already bad ST (that suffered with first nerf a lot, and buffs did not compensate for that) being even lower. But itā€™s fine, letā€™s call us whiners and call it a day, yep.

Imagine being overpowered and still crying.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.