Who the heck whined about new mongoose fury!?!?

WHy man?

What the heck was wrong with the change that they reverted back to the mandatory 5 global spam… This is why SV will forever be rubbish.

That was a good opportunity to give us another melee ability, something like lacertate strike.

When you gain 3 stacks of mongoose fury, you gain access to lacerate strike, deals x damage and applies DoT for 100% of damage done as bleed over 6 seconds. 15s CD.

The lack of actual creativity is amazing, not just from the devs, but from the community also.

4 Likes

People complained that it still was not strong enough compared to not speccing it at all, but I don’t see how this reverted version would make that any better.

Personally I think it’s weaker since you really need to build up to 5 stacks and only than it’s a damage gain compared to regular raptor. Not to mention you hold of on bombs etc when you really want to build mongoose fury stacks.

So yes: there were complaints, but not to get this version back.

The extension from Kill Command is nice though, but that’s not the same talent. No idea why we got the previous mongoose fury back.

Mongoose Bite and Mongoose Fury is garbage talent and playstyle. Boring AF, not that much rewarding and you just spam it for stacks. We have other abilities to spam too, so it just doesn’t fit that well and I don’t think it will see much action in TWW.

It just should be something else tbh.

1 Like

A simple way for them to make Mongoose Bite interesting:
Make every 3rd Raptor Strike be a Mongoose Bite, which applies a bleed to the target. The bleed increases all damage taken by 2% and can stack up to 5 times.

A talent to buff that would be that it applies the bleed to 2 other targets as well.

1 Like

Do not play the hunter , this is VeryBad

Mongoose Fury is currently better than in DF imo… But that is not saying much, since the Dragonflight version is a 0/10 fun mechanic… And this “new” version is a 2/10… :neutral_face:

They could have done SO MUCH to change how it works, so we don’t have this tedious and boring “weaving” playstyle, in order to increase the MF stack timer with Kill Command… :face_with_head_bandage:

I LOVED the 10 sec buff, that could be reset using a MF. :man_shrugging: And I was mindblown when I see they reverted Mongoose Bite back to the DF version… Whyyyyyy! :sweat_smile:

Another solution I hear in my comments section on YT, is to simply make Mongoose Fury a buff that you get every 3 Raptor Strikes, which unlocks Mongoose Bite as a 2nd melee spell. :tipping_hand_man: This gives us something fun to build up to, using Raptor Strike… Or a variation of this idea, like I just now noticed some other comments above, have suggested. :slight_smile:

In any case… People are clearly EXTREMELY unhappy with the reverted change to Mongoose Bite… :confused: It’s maybe 1 in 15 people who enjoyed this current version of MB, based on what I can see from peoples reaction.

Yeah, I would like the possibility of Raptor Strike stacking up into Mongoose Fury for a big finisher, hell they could have done that with Flanking Strike and no one would have felt it was a bad change…

They also need to finally turn Raptor Strike into a baseline skill for us. We need multiple levels until we actually get our only melee skill. xD

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.