Who thought that a harder game is more fun?

Besides the terminally online players that are unemployed or are just competitive super sweaty nerd types, I doubt that a regular player who enjoyed Mythic plus in the past is actually enjoying the new difficulty scaling of the Mythic plus and being forced to push higher keys than in previous expansions just to have the chance to get the best gear.

I myself am against the idea of putting the best gear behind a extreme high content, be it Mythic Raids or Mythic +20. I see this as Blizzard again destroying the game to please the 1% of players that like to play extremely hard games and I will tell you, nobody likes to get the ‘‘good enough gear’’ that people will tell me that I can get in lower keys or normal raids.

I myself was a person who enjoyed doing M+15s to get gear in Shadowlands and I tried some +16 or 17 when I felt like to try to improve myself, but that was the good part, I wasn’t forced to do a +20 to get the best gear, I wasn’t forced to have a huge stress level by trying to pug extremely hard content, nor was I forced to create a M+ group where I would be forced to login at a certain time to play together, I don’t know you all, but I have a life outside this game and it has priority above this game.

I tried Season 1 and left at the first month because I felt the dungeons way overtuned and the new philosophy of this new gear reward scaling really sad, higher keys were being done by people who enjoy pushing their limits, so goes for Mythic raid, there is no reason to force people into those game levels where they Will not have fun, to be able to gear themselves, because at the end of the day, that’s what most players want to do every season, get the best gear possible and become the most powerful they can.

Finally, I know that many will scream ‘‘skill issue’’, well, to those I will simply say, you won’t find amazing players on pugs to play with, therefore either I stop playing for a second time, or Blizzard make this game casual friendly as it was with mythic +15 being the highest requirement to gear yourself. To expect a pug to time a +20 is a joke. I am writing this mostly to give my feedback on why I think this expansion is failing, Blizzard is again pandering to the 1%.

I dont understand why enjoying a game which offers a challange is conskdered unemployed or super competitive.

My mains 2.2kz, hasnt pushed past +17s and im enjoying this season alot, i play 3 times a week and hold down a full time job and a long term relationship. Lol.

I havent pushed rio hard, i havent even done a +20 this expansion.

People love to throw percentages around without any real proof which is never suprising either, theyve done quite abit to realistically close the gap in terms of gearing in brackets.

And i wouldnt rly call S2 casual unfriendly, its no where near what S1 first weeks were thats for definite.

why do you need mythic raid ilvl gear if you have no interest in ever touching 20s or mythic raiding?

You can get 437 ilvl without doing anything above +11 and if you run some 16s you can craft some 447 items.

If you don’t enjoy hard content then don’t do it, what exactly is the issue here?

Why do so many people feel they need the best gear if they don’t do the hardest content? Think about it, if Blizzard makes +15 give the best gear again then people who are capable of doing +20 won’t have a reward to push for.

Let me tell you something, if you aint gonna go for the high end stuff, you don’t need the gear equal to it. It’s like saying you need a F1 Car to compete in a Go-Kart race.

I work full time and study part time, and have no issues getting some M+ done at a decent level. Done some +18s, not stressing to push +20. Even if I couldn’t do them at all I don’t see the issue. I’ll end the season with 3-6ilv less than the best players.
The problem is the attitude that you are somehow entitled to the best gear and Blizzard should just lower the bar to fit your standards. Nobody is forcing you to do anything.
You might think +15 is the correct level to get the best gear, and then someone else is going to come in and say +10 should be max.

You can get full 437 gear by sticking to +11 keys. That’s 10ilv below the best gear in the game, and equal to heroic raid. It’s never been easier to get good gear from low content, when you factor in they bumped the last M+ affix up to +14.

I actually think it’s one of the best season to play casual alts for this reason alone, because you can get really good gear by never setting foot in anything above +11.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.