Why addons are „must have”

Why blizz lets us install gamebreaking addons to:
Track cooldowns
Alert burst
Alert CCs

Its so annoying for me when i need to get quadrillion addons in pvp to get „better”. Shouldnt game competition events depends on skill? Not about fill your screen with thousand alerts. Dont you feel stupid when ADDONS telling you „Sheep on you” or „wings-run”. I am so tired of addons. I am rly tried to avoid as much of them as i can. In other games if you”re using program / addon / macro/ etc to track enemies/ enemy weapons cooldowns skilla etc you’lol be banned. Look at TOP players in WOW, 90% of their screen is „Infected” by addons. Rly for most of you winning is more important than fair play and fun? I know now someone will come here and blame me „nit my problem, blizz allows so i use. L2P” but Think a little, how would look WOW without addons? How more balanced PVP can be when everyone can get the same chances with clean UI not attacked by XXX addons? I say NO to addons. Not because i dont know how to use them, i say NO cause pure skill should go from you heart. Not from that 150x150pixels Icon of wings and writing „RUN LITTLE GIRL, RUN”

And a simple example:
How would look boxing fight when on the top of your opponent head you’ll see „left punch incoming-evade” ? Sounds like FairPlay? No.

Just stop being addicted to addons. Game is still playable without it. Free yourself from the chains of addons.

4 Likes

Remove addons, but make globals more visible. Half of the time without addons you cant even see what the opponent did because there is no visual effect whatsoever

3 Likes

dr addon must have
also if you open any r1 stream, they have in the middle of screen “SKY REACH ON YOU XX:XX sec”, “DO NOT CC YOU F APE”, “KILL SMTH” etc
but if you ask them about game w/o addons, they’ll be like we pros are fine without them but casual players blablablah :rofl:

Because they are obviously incompetent and don’t play their own game so they give you a ui that is incomplete to play the game.

When I did a post about putting mendatory add-on such as Gladius / omnibar etc… I got as answer ‘’ if you can’t get rating with the basic ui and 0 add-on it’s a l2p issue’’.

What should I say after that

It’s not
Unless blizzard is going to ban add-ons for everybody, not using an addon is the same as trying to outrun a formula 1 car on foot

PvP in WoW is mostly whoever has the best addon’s and macro’s wins.

Installing and adjusting addon’s and creating macro’s is not everybodies thing. It shouldnt be a thing in PvP.

Let people use their actual awareness to whats happening instead of an addon showing everything. Its bad for skillfull pvp

I know a lot of competitve pvp’ers that don’t touch wow because of this.

Yeah, thats right. Some OP abilities should be more visible. Like SSJ aura :blush:

This is not new, addon broken the pvp, i use dmg meter for kick afk and nothing more.

and i think many people use addon for cheat pvp and pve, auction house, many time i can see people exploit.

I don’t see army of bots. Where are they?

I’d like if we weren’t able to have cooldown-trackers. I think that’s part of the charm to not know exactly when the enemy has Berserk or Dark Soul back, you know? But DR-tracking I like.

Addon makes it feel like security guard checking their monitor on a control room
Not cool, rather have BLZ disabling every pvp-related UI

If nobody had addons it’s playable without addons. Many have reached high rating without it. And it’s more fun.

If we are going to be pedantic about the nature of competition in this game, you should also consider the fact that parsing through all the information available to you through the addons and using that information in your decision making is a non-trivial skill since not everyone can do it well

there is a BIG TEXT in the middle of the screen like “STAY IN BARRIER”, “KILL SOME TOTEM” etc, in addition every big burst cd is announced with MLG horn or smth

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.