Why are you doubling down on all the horrible gimmicky talents?

Why are you doubling down on playstyles like Momentum, Initiative, Glaive Throwing and Fel Rushing for damage in PvE?

Look, it’s pretty fun in BGs and open world, it really is, you can do some cool fun tricks and you are messing with opponents by dashing and slowing them with a glaive. It’s NOT fun in PvE.

By the looks of it we will have yet another season where we have to dash around, VR from a boss into oblivion and figure out which angle to do it under to not lose uptime and on top of it we have to think about having a Throw Glaive maintenance buff up. To make matters worse, the new tier set bonus looks to literally force us to take certain talents which make them non-optional, and the entire point of these reworked talents is to have choice of which ones you’re gonna take.

What’s wrong with having at least one cookie cutter build for single target PvE that omits these talents that can be straight up dangerous and not fun.

For reference, those of you who raided in early Legion, imagine mythic Krosus or Elisande with Initiative, Momentum and angling.

2 Likes

The problem i have with throw glaives is that i honestly never really liked them because most of the talents revolving around them are your standard % damage increase.

I much prefer playing annihilate, blade dance builds.

I think they did well overall with talent positioning, these are much better than before, but, i don’t like the nerf to shattered/demonic, i do not like the tier set, and i don’t like the nerf to fury generation.

1 Like

I applaud them for wanting to make DHs different than rogues or windwalkers in that you have a gimmick how you deal damage, you dont just stand and hit. The problem is that throw glaive was always seen as something like warrior’s heroic throw, it’s an ability that’s great for pulling something from the distance.

I don’t want to be mindful of maintenance buffs that make me bored. I also don’t wanna play fel rushes or VR’s on something like Rashok…

There are some parts of the new talent tree i like, position of a lot of talents is better. I appreciate netherwalk being a lot more accessible now and think deflecting dance is a good replacement for the 100% parry we used to enjoy.

In DF, they solved the issue of feeling like you were spending half your rotation using demon bite which hit like a wet noodle due to all the new fury generators but with the current meta builds it feels like we’re back to just spamming a bunch of unsatisfying buttons until our burst window is back.

The build not including cycle of hatred or shattered destiny means we spent way less time in Meta and now with talents massively buffing throw glaive and even sigil of flame, they’ve made previously filler spells even more necessary to regular rotation.

I don’t even mind the throw glaive build or momentum for AoE but HDH single target feels genuinely awful to me now. Throw glaive is fun when it bounces between a pack leaving dots on all of them, using it on a single target is so unsatisfying.

Another thing, every single expansion they’ve nerfed our survivability. Of course 100% leech in legion was a bit insane but its been nerfed over and over. We also had the 100% parry removed from blade dance, okay fair. Now they’ve nerfed demonic duration twice this expansion. A big reason I enjoy DH so much is, its probably the best melee class for soloing stuff outside of blood DK, I find it satisfying to be able to square up to a giant elite rare that most other classes would struggle with.

My opinion is that the core of Havoc should always be about being in meta as much as possible with the build focusing around chaos strike/anhillate and blade dance/death sweep. While these are still important parts, they’ve just lost so much significance in favour of immolation aura and throw glaive.

I really did not like all of the nerfs to demonic and shattered destiny.

I also really HATE the tier set with a passion.

I do not like the focus on throw glaive.

Tier scales immensely with the entirety of the right hand Havoc tree. Since you will be getting glaives pretty much passively during the entire fight, Serrated Glaive, Accelerating Blades, Soulscar etc will keep proccing and proccing just from your Blade Dance and will stack up the dots through the roof. There’s a reason why all the guides list glaive builds as the go-to build even for a raid boss.

1 Like

Yeah, the new havoc is really fun, and you don’t have to press throw glaive at all.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.