Why Blizzard hates new players

Tell that to literally any newbie who wants to PvP. :V

2 Likes

WoW has very few new players. I’d bet most are returning.

1 Like

Should a game be balanced around the worst player? Is that fair towards the ones that aren’t new?

That’s not what I said at all, if you actually bothered to read my post.

What I said was that the game is not presented in a noob-friendly way, especially when considering the amount of quests you need to do in 8.3, before you can actually start gearing up your character.

I personally prefer a complex class over a more simple one, however, some abilities are downright useless or clunky, and should be baked into other skills, preserving the depth of the class. More spells does not mean more depth.

1 Like

Peoples do macros with few spells in it, then complain about more keys to push - more keys added. Then they do more macros with this new spells - again complaint that they need more keys to push. And again, and again and again.

1 Like

To be fair to them (even if they are trolling), Blizzard doesn’t indicate what are and aren’t beginner friendly classes and specializations.

It’s very easy for inexperienced players to pick up something they think they can play well and then get yelled at in group content because it turns out that what they thought was adequate performance is actually quite bad.

A wise move tbh. Knowing the current WoW player base, they’ll instantly blacklist any spec listed as “beginner friendly” as unviable and bad just for that label alone.

EDIT: Unless some youtuber says they’re good.

1 Like

I started at the tail end of MOP and didn’t understand what I was doing at all, whilst playing multiple classes and specs. After the prune, I abandoned all except feral and bm because it was more disheartening to lose all that potential than to embrace the challenge. Just my take, others may disagree. Cheers.

did you try using a keyboard ?

At first, I thought this post would be about leveling alts and such, how annoying it is to have to go through the same yammerings for every single alt you level up, the same quests, the same stuff, and after so much work, you still aren’t ‘viable’ to play a single BG.

The experience of ‘leveling up’ a char, and then starting all over for another char, just seems WAY TOO MUCH WORK just to get a couple of viable chars in the game. (Not that I even have anything ‘viable’ anymore…)

However, the ‘spell amount’ question is kind of interesting to me, because I was a bit shocked and irritated about it as well.

Blizz seems to do ARBITRARY changes to spells - taking away USEFUL spells (Displacement, anyone??), and then giving USELESS spells back (I would never use ‘Frostbolt’ on arcane or fire mage, what’d be the point?), and even forcing something I would not normally choose, as a baseline (I never liked the ‘Mirror Image’, but now I am forced to use it, sigh. I’d rather have more simple DPS power).

The action bars can only fit so many spells, so now it’s overflowing - you can’t fit all the spells (together with everything else you need, like a couple of mounts and maybe a toy) in the action bars, so you now have a dilemma: either CHOOSE between spells (fine, I’ll discard the new useless ones, but then, what was the point of even forcing them upon me?), or I can install some THIRD PARTY UI (which I don’t want to do, because I want to keep things as streamlined, simple, fast, direct, instant and high fps as possible, as well as some other reasons).

Now, forcing players to make this kind of choice is just bad game design. Installing a third party UI because game forces you to have too many spells otherwise? What kind of choice is that? Why can’t the game PROVIDE MORE ACTION BARS if it’s gonna provide this many spells? It’s really irritating and reeks of someone not thinking things through.

Did some dev think of this in a hangover or something?

As Thoreau said, “Simplify, simplify.”

As Michaelangelo once responded, when someone asked about sculpting a statue - he’s not basically even carving or sculpting a statue, the beautiful statue is already there. He just REMOVES the non-essential to reveal the beauty.

Blizz has done the opposite, it is just dumping crap on players, after removing the GOOD and USEFUL spells (all that mobility is GONE, how the heck am I going to escape anything?? rogues stunkill me now left and right, when before, they just stunkilled me… well, almost as much)

It’s like taking your gold coin and giving you wooden nickels and some of your neighbours full trashbags in return. Not a good deal.

So yeah, this game is definitely NOT newbie-friendly, and also, there are not many newbies BECAUSE this game is not friendly to them.

I wish this game would be SIMPLIFIED and streamlined, and the CLASS POWERS would be honed to the best possible (including mobility), all excess garbage removed - but players should still be given agency and choice as to how they want to play that class.

If every player could -customize- their class and spec from all available spells that were once available, all talents and such, so a arcane mage could be very frosty or frost mage very firey, etc. But still having a core basis for their own spec, that would be great.

It’s like they don’t even know what they’re doing, when they first started giving all mages their OWN barrier, and making sure they don’t have almost ANY of the other specs’ spells - and suddenly, now we’re back to ‘let’s all mages have frostbolt’… WHAT kind of 180° turn was that??

Also, it’s really weird how they took the most unique Arcane Mage spell, the only AoE it has - Arcane Explosion - and just GAVE it to frost and fire! So now Frost and Fire have those awesome AoEs on TOP of the instant Arcane Explosion - but Arcane Mage didn’t get anything worthwhile in return, it still has only ONE AoE! What is this discrimination?? Why do the other specs get to have TWO AoEs, and arcane only one, and to add insult to injury, EVERY OTHER SPEC HAS THAT SAME AoE, TOO!

So it’s not even its own, unique AoE, it’s a SHARED AoE! How humiliating!

Anyway, I could rant forever about these awful, awful, nonsensical changes, including the non-explained ‘door delay’ thing in BGs. If the timer is 0, doors should open. Why the HECK would we have to wait more seconds after the timer is 0?

So, WHAT is the timer counting down to? “A point where you have to wait a few more seconds”? THIS MAKES NO SENSE FROM ANY ANGLE!

Just move the timer a bit forward in the future, add more time, etc., so it would be effectively the same, but at least the visual would match with the door openings. Why won’t the doors open at 0? Why doesn’t the timer AT LEAST give us minus numbers? I know how stupid that would be, but it’s no more stupid than what’s going on now.

I could rant for a long time, but I will stop here.

3 Likes

If you find it too hard for yourself, you do know there is a solution, reroll a Hunter its always an easy mode and thats what Im maining nowdays XD …

Got tired of healing people who stand in the fire or infront of the boss and got tired of tanking for people who pull pull and pull, solution Hunter.

In addition to so very few spells you also get a pet BUT thats not all if you reroll now and take the talent, YOU GET AN EXTRA PET!!!

Whaaaaat you say, did you read correctly YES, YES you did!!! YOU CAN now have 2 pets to aid you, and to top it all off, these pets are housetrained, they will not poop in your shoe or eat your girlfriends (imagined ones count too if you dont have one) panties (girlfriend nor an imaginery one are not included in this offer).

Order now and you can be bow, grossbow or gun waving hunter or you can make your own Jason Momoa Aquaman with harpoon and the hairstyle to match it and go melee!

Swoosh, Ka-boom, Chop Chop Holy Bananas Batman! Its a Hunter!

While your guildies are struggling with untold amount of buttons trying to kill the hard hard boss in a raid, you can run around the entire area shooting while drinking your pina colada and looting the treasures the boss drops when its down.

Reroll now!

OH and thats not all! Impressive we know!

If you reroll now! Were throwing in many different pets to choose from, massive amounts of transmog and a massive massive amount of unneeded skills to play this one of a kind class!!

Call 0-1-0-1-H-U-N-T-A-R-D or visit our webpage http://cheesiest_class_and_easiest_class_to_slack_ON.com/huntard

Many celebrities say how awsome Huntards are and are willing to praise Hunter!

Lindsey Lohan: I dhont khnow whhat the ghame wash buth had a fabh thime

Makalaku Culkin: I had so much fun I didnt even notice anything else

Batman: IM BATMAN!!

Robin SparkleyPony Pattinson: I mean what the guy above me said.

Reroll now!

Offer expires 2032 July 12th

1 Like

My heart… :broken_heart:

2 Likes

I think the only way Blizzard can make WoW better is by creating a new MMO at this point, with a better game design team.

• WoW’s standard UI is out-dated and requires add-ons and key-bind changes to be playable.
  • Most classes have tons of boring spells that could be merged together.
  • Borrowed power is always an unbalanced mess that feels like it was copied from some Chinese mobile game.
  • Complex 3rd-party simulation software is necessary to see which items, talents, <insert 3 different borrowed power systems>, etc. are good.

The WoW devs should look at HotS and Overwatch. You don’t need 30 different abilities per class and multiple borrowed power systems to make a game adhere to the “easy to learn, hard to master” principle.

3 Likes

This is the experience that I can relate too, me and my friends have had accounts since 2006 but tend to play a bit of an expansion - get too confused with the 8billion mechanisms that make up the end game and leave.

Wow has become so incredibly complexed it’s hard to follow for returning players, and it must be very confusing for new players.

It’s a shame really as the number of conversations we have had together as friends has always turned into - what is this game? - what am I supposed to be doing? - why does everyone hate me?

3 Likes

Haha, as someone who plays casually I literally have no idea what your talking about.

Wouldn’t know what third party add ons I should be using.

Don’t know about macros - never used them.

Spells and class systems seem to be ok though, it’s good for classes to feel unique and different - though the utility of some of those spells or actions is certainly questionable.

The biggest change I’ve seen in wow since account creation in 2006 to now is the move towards solo play right until end game content. It’s a shame that wow doesn’t require more cooperation and community - seems that because of this the community itself has become quite sad compared to the glory days.

1 Like

first… what you are saying is not complicated, its extremely complicated.
you are asking a new player to configure addons and macros and configs just to be able to… well, play the game, this is not a comfortable experience… I hope you are trolling
second… this attitude like… you dont like the game, play another, is not healthy for the game
third, Dotta characters have like… 7 buttons, maybe, not sure League of Legends… yes there are more characters there, but whatever… in wow we have many specs and if you want to even play arena you need to know at least all their cds and ccs…
not to mention, for arenas you need like 10 addons just to understand what is happening… no exaggeration …
I dont want to be pro, but I had to install, configure, learn guides and all just for 1500 in arenas… it’s ridiculous…

Why is it ridiculous. You are new to a game that was released 15y ago. Its pretty normal imo that you need to study it if you want to have some kind of success in wow. As it is with pretty much everything else. When warriors had to have 30 macros just to be able to step into an arena is remembered as one of the best periods in wow history.

I also don’t get why blizzard hates new players, its quite the opposite. The game got much worse cause it tried desperately to appeal to new players by making everything easier.

If you like the game you will learn the necessary things to reach your goals. If you do not its fine, but don’t try to ruin it for everyone else

1 Like

If you make everything simple and understandable by even someone who’s new, then there’s no depth. People who played for long time will be bored, and new players too once they realize there’s no depth.

This isn’t a MOBA, lot of spells and stuff is normal for MMORPGs, it’s not a game you learn in 2 days.

Blockquote

A game should be balanced, period.
It shouldn’t exclude altogether anyone, new players or pros.

as it is its not a game you learn. period
why not add 50 more buttons… that will make it more enjoyable

It’s clear as mud and I would have rage quit v early on, if it weren’t for the wonderful community in New Player Help, @Grainne, @Dottie, @Evelake, @Retier, and others whose tags I forgot, thank you all! :alien:

1 Like