Why can demon hunters dodge from behind?

Like literally no other class has this mechanic, why are demon hunters special in this regard?

It’s already an extremely easy class to play, why give it even more idiot protection?

Proof: https://youtu.be/W_rHHZ7Umyk

So they can fully cosplay as Batman

6 Likes

I think they can dodge magic damage too, im not 100% sure though as i tend to avoid… Playing this a-b-c king

Depends what you mean. No class can dodge spells (well maybe a talented tank, but I think that’s block not dodge), not even DH. However they can dodge melee and ranged attacks that aren’t magic spells (Aimed Shot, Envenom, Verdict) and since some of those abilities deal magic damage (like Envenom and Verdict) DHs can dodge magic damage, but only because it comes from physical application. But then everyone with dodge score will be able to dodge these attacks it’s not DH exclusive.

Aside from that with the proper timing they can immune stuff when they do their big meta leap, magic or not.

I think blur dodge is different as for exampple evasion for rogues, DH blur is omnidirectional dodge as by the description and name of the spell dh is moving so fast eye cannot trace him so yeah dh can dodge even from behind, thus working as intended!

1 Like

You’re just missing their point; blur dodges 360 degrees, no other dodge in the game does that. All dodge/parry mechanics except blur dodge on the frontal cone.

The immunity crap from blade dance is equally stupid.

2 Likes

I was replying to :

I’m not missing any point, I know they dodge 360° :stuck_out_tongue:
I was just clarifying that magical damage dodge saying that spells aren’t dodgeable even by a dh, but magic damage applied by a physical attack is dodgeable, and not only by a DH.

Its not so much dodging from behind, its invulnerability frames when in Meta doing blade dance atleast. Which they can use quite extensively. Pretty sure you can step kidney blur. I don’t know its a rare subject and a class I actually don’t play so I don’t know the limitations of Blur.

Yes you can step kidney blur because the dodge chance is 50% not 100. Its 50/50 if your kidney lands. Admittedly blade dance is more annoying.

As Nexintus you can try to step kidney into blur, it just isn’t a 100% chance kidney as opposed to step kidney on evasion which will be a 100% kidney.

They do have the unique possibility to dodge from behind.

Pure logic if you ask me.

More disappointment

What’s new

The question is WHY is it different, dodge has been a mechanic in the game since it first launched and it’s always been that players cannot dodge from behind, it is a core skill of tanking to not show your back to mobs.

If DH was released with this VERY unique ability, wouldn’t it have been publicised more?

Or maybe people just don’t give a crap about this game anymore.

You have to be careful with Blade Dance and Metamorphosis. It happened to me multiple times since Legion that they dodged Hex or big damage with it. I usually wait for it and then cast my spells.

That’s yet another very annoying thing they have going for them which really has no justification to it.

Every time they transform they basically have shadowmeld…

If u use Meta in the right moment, u can dodge EVERY spell. That’s a shame. And the funniest thing is, that Demonboys defend mechanics like that.

Dh dodge my coils multiple time I confirm they can dodge spell.

atleast we should be glad that blade dance isn’t like the strongest dps spell of a demonhunter which gets spammed on cooldown so they have to time it perfectly to actually avoid something like a kidney shot

man im glad thats not the case

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.