Why can't I have conquest boxes?

Can you add them anytime soon?

Do you expect to compensate me for the tons of conquest on my main I can’t use for anything?

I have a feeling they are trying to make the game more tedious than it needs to be.

1 Like

I started farming conquest on a new lock. Ngl, it’s the most miserable and tedious experience. It’s complete anti fun. And it’s also extremely slow.

Meanwhile on my main and alt lock i am sitting on around 20k conquest that are literally useless. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i q’ed my third dk to 2.1 in full honor gear no set just for the funzies.

whats so miserable about it? u get farmed in blues on 1.5k or what?

New Game+ unlocked.

No but at 2k with one purp :frowning: On a different class I might have fun, but I imagined getting trained as a lock is more fun in purps.

That being said, I’m probably the worst Lock you’ve ever seen.

it for sure is. u will be fine tho and get ur gear in the end.

i think people should play the char they want to gear and not be able to send everything over from main. people nowadays want everything the easy and fast way even tho this is an mmo and its literally the easiest to gear in ages anyways.

True. It just seems odd to me that they had this universally loved system with boxes worked out and scrapped it for no (for me) percievable reason, thats what really bugs me about it.

It’s miserable because it takes so long. Also you lose a lot of games just because of gear.

Ofc if i queued shuffle i would have 2.4 at some point regardless of gear. That’s just not the point.

idk to me it felt fine. to get conq only 3-3 is needed and thats not that hard when playing way below the rating of main.

the miserable part is the q time for me. but that also applies to my geared chars.

I dont think conquest boxes are right thing. Fully geared people drains rating from newbies in arenas cause that… Lets imagine already geared full honor holy paladin 2 days dinged. He joins arena and jump on him fully geared mongo mighty worrrior… I am saying its bullsh it and that am saying as man who plays 8 alts only pvp…

I have 20k conquest that I would love to spend on my alt, make it happen blizzard please

I only play 1-2 characters at a time n simply temporarely drop whatever character i´ve lost interest in so im hardly an altoholic n gearing in DF is the best its ever been but i still dont get why people are so strangely attached to having to endure the role of a trashmob just because “its an mmo”

I´ve played WoW on n off since vanilla n its a game i always find myself returning to eventually everytime n since i´ve been around so long i know what to expect but if i came into WoW for the first time today without the nostalgia n all other games on the market i´d likely demand a refund. ( im enjoying the game alot n love WoW, this is not a hate post im simply putting myself in the position of a brand new player )

An example of this was when i tried out New World when that was the new hype around the block. I ended up refunding the game because i felt like my sparetime was taken advantage of. The whole “it gets better later down the line, you just have to endure 80-150 hours of agony before you´ll get to experience the awesomeness of the game” is not a concept that is going to appeal to alot of people.

I swear the MMORPG community sometimes reminds me of a victim of domestic abuse with the whole “he is nice sometimes” mentality while alot of people not used to the abuse will simply ask “well, why isnt he always nice?”

I can emphasize with what you’re saying.

It blows my mind that some people want to go back to the Shadowlands Upgrade System to “have an incentive to play”, when we all saw it just leads to people farming out RBGs for High Tiered gear for them to use in low CR arenas. I did it, too, it almost felt like cheating.

Yeah the gear upgrading, conduit farming, “arthas magical statstick of epic and highly mandatory stats of awesomeness” legendaries etc was the absolute worst god damn experience i´ve ever had in WoW history.

You also constantly see arguments like “well maybe MMORPG´s arent for you then” being thrown around to anyone arguing for less grind. But then who is MMORPG´s for? if being unemployed with no family or social life is a basic requirement to play the game its not a very good buisness model.

Fundamentally i adore DF gearing though n i think its fantastic. It could still be improved however. The things i would change that would make it perfect in my own personal opinion would be to.

1. Add conquest boxes every single season when the conquest cap is lifted.
  2. Make PvP gear ALWAYS BIS for PvP, aka no more PvE rings n such in PvP. I would personally just raise the item lvl whenever PvP flagged by a substantial amont to ensure this always remains the case.
  3. substantially buff conquest gains from BG´s n other sources beyond “daily wins” its not a mobile game, let people grind it out when they have time to play.

Those are pretty much the only 3 points that comes to mind, beyond that im very happy with the current gearing experience in DF.

1 Like

Blizzard said they were looking into Conquest boxes - they’ll probably be a thing sometime during 10.0.7.

This is exactly why they want it.
Most people that want it back never had any good pvp rating without it in previous expansions. As far as i could see.

0:22 what he say about conquest and gear in general

I think they introduced conquest boxes in SL because the participation in the last 2 season was really low and they used it to give a easy way for people to gear their toon and start playing in the low rating

no thats the absolute minority today. most people nowadays want everything stuffed up their behind. super fast and super easy it must be otherwise the crying and complaining is inevitable. even when it is as easy as in df… sad and funny at the same time.

I think there should be a balance between both. Its worth remember that WoW is a very old game at this point n most of its playerbase are now older hence you need to adapt the game to the fact that people have less sparetime to invest into gaming even if we still enjoy the game alot. The whole “well then maybe mmorpg isnt for you” mentality i´ve seen alot of people throw around is simply outdated with todays competition within the gaming industry.

WoW will always have certain grinds n i for most part dont mind them too badly if its the right type of grind. That being said grinding BG´s when undergeared n late to the party is miserable just like trying to grind conquest in arena while undergeared is miserable. I do think DF has the best gearing for PvP that i´ve ever seen in WoW history so im perfectly happy with how things are currently. I would still add conquest boxes as im very much in favor of having progress accountwide rather than character specific. I actually enjoy battlegrounds and i feel like allowing people to gear alts with conquest boxes would raise the quality of BG games as it would significantly reduce the amont of 150k players afking in some corner in favor of geared players who enjoys the gamemode. I would however also like to see more honor sinks that feels producitve as to not make honor farming pointless. currently im just buying contender boxes which contains absolutely nothing i care about. Give people rewards but dont make the rewards mandatory to play the game essentially. PvP especially shouldnt have this awkward gear progression because we have rating to serve as progression.

couldnt agree more on everything he said

theres literally no reason to hold back on conquest boxes no more either so arguments on that is moot, they just holding it to release it as “content” for season 2

https://youtu.be/SrICfijbDSY?t=30

like he say between 0:30-1:30, agree on the conquest cap removal how blizz thinks the community think its a big thing when in real it does nothing