Why can't we play both classic and retail at the same time?

As the headline says, what is the reason behind this? Blizzard said those are 2 completely different games. Why can we play retail and Starcraft at the same time, but not retail and classic at the same time?

1 Like

Hard to say, probably a technical reason.

It’s a technical issue.

Your Classic account is tied to your retail account and you can’t have more than two instances of the same wow account running concurrently.

Star craft is a different game altogether and has no attachment to wow other than using the same launcher to start the game.

No, I expect it’s a subscription issue.

You can have two Retail copies of WoW running simultaneously - or a gametime copy of WoW and a Starter Edition limited-to-level-20 running at the same time.

I’m pretty sure you could run a Starter Edition WoW account at the same time as a paid WoW Classic.

I’m pretty sure you could run WoW Retail and WoW Classic at the same time if you had them on two separate paid WoW accounts.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s not a technical issue, it’s greed issue from Blizzard once again. They want people to pay for 2 licences to be able to play both games.

4 Likes

That’s not true. Be fair!

I can play both games on the same licence.

I just can’t play them at the same time. Just like I can’t play two characters in retail at the same time.

If you object to not being able to play Retail and Classic at the same time, you must also think that limiting us to playing only one character at a time is unfair. Hello, multiboxers, I have a recruit for your cause! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You misunderstand,

Each classic account is tied to a retail account sharing the same subscription.

Yes, you can start a second wow account and run both at the same time as multiboxers do and have one account run Classic and one run Retail.

But you can’t run two instances on the same wow account whether that’s two instances of retail, one instance of each or two instances of classic.

One account = one game instance.

And Blizz put classic in with the regular subscription effectively making it free to those who already pay for retail. Now I’m all for holding them to account when they screw up, but in this one. I see no issue.
I’m actually surprised they didn’t separate it and charge for each game individually.

1 Like

Me too.

I thought that was very good of them.

You know what I want? To be able to use the mobile app while online in the game so I don’t have to visit the table to complete missions. Right now, it’s faster for me to log out on PC, finish the missions on my phone, then log back in on PC.

2 Likes

Why would you want to anyway?

The flight paths in classic can be long…

1 Like

Getting boosted in classic while playing retail is the dream.

3 Likes

can confirm, its definitely about subs.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.