Why can't we queue for mythic dungeons?

This is the main reason why I refused to play retail for years. For some casuals like myself who like a challenge we don’t want to fill out applications and base our lives around premade schedules to play with the same hardcore nolifers over and over, we just want to queue up whenever for something beyond faceroll content. I want Blizzard to explain why they feel casuals should only have pointless faceroll content available and nothing more. It ruins endgame for us. I should also add that this is why I switched to FFXIV. They actually respect their casual playerbase and let them queue for challenging content.

14 Likes

You can still use the LFG tool to find premade M+ groups. It’s not as automatic as the dungeon finder, but you can still pug M+ as a casual with only a tiny bit of effort. No need to plan around someone else’s schedule or fill out applications.

I’ve been doing this for the past three months, most of my m+ runs are random people. Only a tiny fraction of them are via communities or friends. It usually takes between 2-10 minutes to find a group at the times I play, comparable to dungeon finder queues, often even shorter.

Casuals very much have access to more challenging content. You just need to do a little bit more about it than press one button (you need to press about four: open the LFG tool, click on premade groups, click on dungeons, find the ones you’re interested in, and click signup).

6 Likes

Even casual player can start their own group…

15 Likes

It’s highly inconvenient and takes a long time, often requiring you to go through a “vetting process” which is the exact thing casuals like me try to avoid. Why is it so hard to understand that we just want to be able to queue for this content?

5 Likes

Vetting process ? If the tool is nuisance, try local chat channels. I believe Blizzard found that automated tool is too … random for some content. Although if it be up to me I would remove HC dungeons step and have the levelling edition (normal) and max level (hc) dungeons and then the PLUS mode with keys.

1 Like

I do a 10/11 each week on this character all pugged. I have no social links in game at all. I’ve also done 2-5’s on a number of lesser geared alts.

A lot of the issues relate to people trying to run before they can walk. Jumping into +10’s for their weekly having never done even a 2.

Vetting can be an issue but getting the ‘quals’ Often happens naturally If you work through the levels.

4 Likes

Good for you. If you’re really doing “pugs” then what’s the difference between just letting us casuals do those pugs through the dungeon finder instead of spamming chat channels for three hours?

2 Likes

maybe an mmo isnt the right game for you

6 Likes

The LFG tool can take HOURS to find a group for mythic and there are no guarantees, because they’ll often choose the person with the highest ilevel. Us casuals want to be able to play this content too without going through a vetting process. Just let us queue up for it.

2 Likes

oh i see you’re not a casual you’re just lazy and want to get boosted

16 Likes

Make your own group? And just accept the 4 first that applies to it :blush:

6 Likes

create your own group, it’s not that hard. Also if you are not overgeared or have a decent rio score(for big keys) you will have a hard time unfortunately

2 Likes

Make your own run? Problem solved.

2 Likes

If the answer is “just make your own group” then why do you think Blizzard created dungeon finder in the first place? To make the process more convenient and quick instead of spending hours spamming chat channels. Casuals do not want to have to go through a freaking vetting process, we just want to log in and play.

1 Like

But u can make your group in the dungeon finder tool…

1 Like

Let me put it this way. If there was the chance to queue up ALSO I don’t think a single geared and experienced M+ player would ever use it, instead preferring premades.

3 Likes

Please try to find a single player at minimal ilevel who can find a full group for mythic within five minutes using that tool.

And here is the problem

1 Like

Exactly. You’re admitting that these premades only accept people who overgear the content. Thanks for proving my point and why us casuals need to be able to queue.

5 Likes

I wouldnt know, i have friends i play with. I just dont see m+ being something for the LFG tool, but it wouldnt affect me in any way if it was available either. Consider joining a community instead then maybe?