Why can't you just let everyone post images on this forum?

Every other forum does this, what are you so afraid of?

1 Like

Trolls. /10 char

5 Likes

I get that it’s a “punishment” for misbehaving people. But having to grind the trust level again everytime you take a break is a bit tiresome.

2 Likes

Of course, Blizzard would lock a simple necessity behind a timegate or grind. :joy:

6 Likes

Actually everybody can. Just make a video of your image and post a youtube link to it.

1 Like

I think the requirements for at least links is too high. I think they should make it so a link simply isn’t clickable and can still be posted. People go through all kinds of hoops to post a link at this point.

They’ve probably seen how posts can get heated and use language that’s completely inappropriate for polite company, and are worried it might be accompanied by disturbing images as well. If you look at an average forum troll that is seriously trying to insult someone, the words they use are quite extreme. I’m guessing they don’t want to give such people the power to spam shock imagery as well, since their word use already proves they’re willing to go way too far.

2 Likes

I suppose putting a single quotation mark at either end of it is too difficult for some.

Have you told every visitor that this is how you should do it? The only reason I know I can do this, is because I’ve seen others do it. It took me a fair amount of time to realize this was how you post links and I write markdown on a regular base.

You honestly should never blame people for not knowing something, because you don’t know if they have been told.

Edit: I don’t think you can call it a quotation mark, because that’s a different character. The name is a backtick.

1 Like

Myself or someone else tells people who make a link with spaces how to do it without them by editing their post. Some just ignore us.

It’s a single quotation mark as opposed to a double quotation mark. They are used of you have a quote within a quote.

1 Like

https://this.is.using.backticks/not/quotation/marks

Quotation marks: ' "

1 Like

It’s known as a single quotation mark, backtick, left quote or open quote, it has a lot of names.

Quite a few forum regulars explain this function to people when we see them posting links with spaces or saying that they can’t post links.

Another way to do it is to type out the link theb highlight it and click the </> button or just put a ` on either side of the link.

Some forums users with TL3 will also post links or images for you whilst you are still restricted.

However, I do agree that links should be allowed at TL2. Links are often very useful for people seeking help for things in the game. Or at the very least extend to list of trusted sites you can post at TL2 to include all WoW related sites and not just YouTube and wowhead.

If people can post https://links, they should make it that you can post it without backticks as well and just have it render as plain text.

is it a necessity tho?

I agree with that, it’s Blizzard just making it difficult to do stuff. They just shouldn’t appear as a hyperlink.

1 Like

*you are now hated by Blizzard forums. Win debates against trolls to gain 2 reputation. Farm little hearts for 5 rep.

2 Likes

ability to post images on internet forum? it’s the most basic feature of every single forum I know. The fact that some people are willingly going through the process of getting tl3 just to post images is crazy to me

a basic feature, probably, but not a necessity. :woman_shrugging: