Why can't you just let everyone post images on this forum?

ability to post images on internet forum? it’s the most basic feature of every single forum I know. The fact that some people are willingly going through the process of getting tl3 just to post images is crazy to me

a basic feature, probably, but not a necessity. :woman_shrugging:

Idk really. I think there’s an opportunity to bring tons of players to battle net forums but how this forum works is super weird to me. You cant post images unless you’re slave to this forum, EU and NA forums are two different sites, mass flagging posts when your opinion is unpopular, blues almost never post and when they do it’s usually some casual post in trust level 5 thread.
They just dont care about their own forums

2 Likes

i dont disagree with you. i just think that the word necessity is kind of not fitting at all. i have no idea why all those millions of people who play the game dont use the forums or what would draw them in.

before tl3 i have been naturally active on the forum, i didnt grind for anything. so gifs and pictures werent really a factor for me. i mean dont get me wrong, its nice, but i dont see it as a necessity.

now i wonder what a poll as to why people dont use the forum would look like. :thinking:

but yeah, i really do think the eu forums could use more attention. i just dont think its “worth” it for blizzard because we really arent many.

2 Likes

The issue with the forums is if you have an unpopular opinion on something that the majority doesn’t agree with you get less hearts etc, Which leads to you getting punished with lower trust level. Even if you stated your opinion in a correct way.

I personally couldn’t care less about trust level but I can see why some others do. I honestly just click the heart lots of times because people like it. Why not make someone happy. Also use it as a way to say “I agree with what you said”

yeah thats an issue if you only have unpopular opinions. from my experience you can have an unpopular opinion but people usually cant phrase them in a neutral manner. they usually get/are toxic because they feel attacked or are in a bad mood already.

the heart requirement isnt the problem imo as its quite low, the attendance rate is more the issue.

1 Like

Farming trust level seems a little extreme for sure. And level 3 is not achievable anyway if you’ve had a forced forum “vacation” in the past.

depends on what you mean with vacations. you can still get your trust level 3 back even tho you had silences before.

Why do people care about the trust level?

Not trolling, I’m actually curious.

i think posting gifs is funny and i am sure a lot of people want to participate in that and feel left out if they cant, which fosters a bad athmosphere as noone wants to feel that way, like a sense of someone being better than them.

its like you see someone having something cool and then you want it too.

everything else like posting links can be done via embedding, you dont need tl3 for that.

edit: i ve always some sort of posted gifs and pictures, i just embedded them and waited for a tl3 to make them visible. :woman_shrugging: not having tl3 didnt stop me.

Didn’t know that. Initially it was restricted only to players that had no forum bans.

On the contrary. They need to remove that option. It is annoying and often used to spam.

if its a silence, the day the silence expired you can work towards tl3 again, however, you start anew, which is kinda the sucky part. but its technically possible to regain it.

edit: half a year ago i had a forum silence and got tl3 a couple of weeks ago.

So forum trust level allows you post pictures and whatnot?

And what the heck is tl3?

I don’t mind it so much, but I wish it were a little more transparent. I feel like I’ve been trust level 2 forever, and I have no idea if I’m even able to gain the third

trust level 3

Just a other silly grind …

Thats not true actually. Ive had two time outs and still gained TL3 afterwards.

The bigger problem seems to be that there is a possibility that the “must not have 5 flags” thing gets in the way of gaining or regaining it because you could have a 3 posts that get flagged adding up that 5 but non get hidden or actioned so you are never aware of it and therefore all your reading of 20000 posts over the last 100 days is futile.

There is never any actual official clarification of this though so we never know for sure.

But it is possible to get TL3 back after a time out, everything is counted as “in the last 100 days”

Sometimes it’s easier to express myself with a gif :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.