Why did the community not like WOD?

I haven’t played when WOD was the latest expansion. However, I’ve heard from my friends who have played back then and also seen many times on online forums that majority of players consider WOD to be one of the worst expansions along with Cata. While I agree with the latter, I do not understand what was bad about WOD - I am leveling my horde toon now and I love the visuals, the story about various Orc clans, the garrison that you can work towards upgrading, sending followers on missions and so forth and so on. So why was WOD disliked when it came out? Looking forward to the discussion.

I liked it

7 Likes

WoD wasn’t that bad … but wow is expensive, it’s one of the few subscription games out there and if the game is not to the standard people will just leave. “Good” is not enough for wow players. It’s as simple as that.

2 Likes

guess there was not much pve content and it was the first expac with massive pruning

Garrisons were promised to be a big thing… Where we could pick whatever zone or style of architecture we want but expansion was rushed and we got a mere shadow of what could be.

We didnt get a new race nor class that was a first time ever.

Blizzard ruined one zone that was perfectly developed but they thought ‘too much orcs in the orcs world’ and destroyed it by putting plants and plant-people there… wasting time and resources that they could use for other things.

There was nothing to do end-game wise. People were pretty bored after finishing all quests.

6 Likes

Also due to content drought. 6.2 lasted well over a year.

5 Likes

Draenor is beatuiful, the visuals and the story was never the problem with that expansion, it was the lack of content and the garrison where you were just sitting alone. Also the scrapped content, like… half of the expansion landed in the trash can. Raids, zones…

3 Likes

The music was bad.
The open world was pointless after you reached max lvl, there were no world quests.
Selfie camera.
Garrison gold missions inflated the economy beyond repair.
Ashran was supposed to have been the new “old AV” but ended up being a pve mess and an ugly zone.
Selfie camera.

1 Like

Pls report this trol :-1:

8 Likes

Wod was bad cause it doesnt had worldquest, mythic+ and some ap grind.

But the classes were way funnier and the pvp was way better than legion & bfa.

9 Likes

There was an outcry against the garrison music in particular, and since that is where people spent most of their time ingame lizard eventually added a jukebox to stop all the complaining.

Actually… Compared to classic, wotlk, mop and bfa I cant find this one badass for myself neither in wod nor cata.

• Lack of flying, then a slap in the face pathfinder, made me quit playing about 6 months into WoD, until Legion pre patch.

• I wasn’t actually raiding, and had very limited possibilities of doing group content at all.

• Garrison and mission table is a feature that doesn’t appeal to me at all.

• Orc story. I have absolutely no interest in orc lore.

1 Like

I dont care about garrison music… the open world and the dungeon music were just amazing.

6 Likes

WoD also ruined the prestige of some rare transmogrified because of the salvage yard.

The graphics update, cinematic at the end of zones and the questlines were great. Unfortunately allot of the story content got scrapped which left us with an incomplete story. For example the story of how Grommash was suddenly on our side and the rest of Yrel’s storyline which was all planned but never added and according to Blizzard it was because they were focusing too much on Legion. Another problem was the lack of open world content. Outside of picking up some treasures and killing the rares you missed while levelling, there wasn’t anything to do. Herbalism, mining and fishing could easily be done inside the garrison and the garrison became the main focus. People missed seeing other players and the game felt incredibly empty.

This is also one of the reasons for classhalls being open to all of the same class. So people could see other players. Not that they talked to each other or anything…or even acknowledged each others existence. Honestly, garrison npc’s are more interactive then the players you see in the classhall.

3 Likes

There is parallel world which is actualy past of our draenor yet it still another planet and legion one of all timelines…aand here my brain goes booom.

You should regret not being DK then… Acherus balcony was like… Rock and Roll every night and party everyday :crazy_face:

An entire major patch was dedicated to the s.e.l.f.i.e. cam. The player housing ended up being a farce and a prison AND a chore. There was also very little player interaction due to this because people just sat in there for days after they ‘cleared all the content (that they found interesting)’.

Lack of content. ALOT of WoD got scrapped early in Haste to finish.

the Worst iteration of Pathfinder yet, with stupid requirements to earn, to this day i still havent bothered with it.

Garrisons made the game feel single player being phased into a Solo garrison all day.

Dailies were rubbish and lackluster.

its story has 0 effect on our reality as they went “alternate universe” crap on us, so it didnt feel impactful in the slightest

Mission tables awarding raid loot.

some seem to like to try say BFA is worse then WoD, i do highly disagree… WoD was the absolute worst the game has ever been