Why did Vulperas join Horde?

And that relates to the question I asked… how exactly? I don’t suppose you were arguing fot the few groups we see depicting the whole Vulpera population, were you?

The horde help out a bunch of different vulpera caravans during their time in Vol’dun. So they develop a friendship.
It naturally does not help that the alliance kill the leader of their friends (Rastakhan) in his own city. Kiro says that the alliance had gone to far doing that and that they will aid in any way they can.
The alliance also burn the vulpera caravans and shackle vulpera to their caravans.
The alliance did it to prevent the vulpera running supply lines for the horde in Vol’dun, but from the vulpera point of view the alliance attacked them out of nowhere after their friends (horde) gave them a tradedeal to deliver stuff.

The vulpera then decide they want to go beyond the dunes of Vol’dun and what better way than joining the horde? They join the horde by helping out with some mundane tasks like helping making wine, preventing a peon uprising and such.
They bring wits and would work perfectly for running supply lines and other goods for the horde.
Also the horde have always been made out of races struggling on their own so they fit in nicely.

The horde and zandalari are already at war/hostile with the faithless sethrak. Although the faithless sethrak are extremely weakened or even broken after the events of Vol’dun horde questline. Where the horde allied with vulpera and Devoted sethrak kill a ton of faithless, and even their leader Korthek. And in the end, resurrect Sethraliss.
I really doubt the faithless would join anyone as they’re all around hostile but if they were to join the alliance then they would have done so with or without the vulpera joining the horde.

I can’t see the devoted sethrak joining the alliance either due to how much the horde help them compared to the alliance and their good relationship with the zandalari and vulpera.

2 Likes

Basically this.

The Horde isn’t really feudal though, as a society goes, especially not now, when it is more like a Confederacy (Which it always should have been, in my opinion)
I mean if it -did- have a power structure, it is more like the old Triumvirates of Rome, with Baine, Thrall and Lor’themar calling the shots.

Say What now?

Look at this from the Vulpera perspective.
You are on pretty decent terms with the Zandalari, lots of trade.
New folk turn up, dressed in red, they seem to be OK with the Zandalari.
New folk help overthrow the race of people who are actively trying to enslave you, and want to trade, they seem pretty OK.

Another group of New folk turn up, and their go-to response is to attack you and burn down your means of survival, because you traded with the native inhabitants of your own damned continent, and the helpful new Folks.

The Alliance literally turned up and went all ‘Manifest Destiny’ on the Vulpera, without even trying negotiation. That tends to annoy people, y’know, killing them and wiping out their means of survival out of the, aheh, Blue.

So? The Tauren used to be Nomadic, the Darkspear used to be Nomadic, The Orcs by definition are settled Nomads. Besides, the Vulpera and Sethrakk seem to be the only ones who can not only survive in Vol’dun, but prosper. Even the Zandalari regarded it as an Open Prison where people were sent to die in exile.

Don’t place too much importance on cities and fortifications, why? Because you can be sure your enemy will. Where would you strike, to wipe out the Vulpera? They have no centralised population. It isn’t like you can besiege a constantly mobile populace now is it?

Actually if you do the unlock quests, you find out that the exact opposite is the case, the Vulpera -do- have a lot to offer the Horde, and prove that during the questing. They seem to be absolute survivalists, and have a very swift and efficient method of problem solving by looking at problems in a way that people entrenched in their ways would not. Definitely worth having on side. Besides, who doesn’t want allies? Why would the horde say no?

Except that the Faithless are not only a broken force now, but are also xenophobic to the extent of not playing well with anyone. Even when the Horde and Vulpera work against the Faithless, they show no indication of even considering allying with the Alliance.

Lastly, much like the Bilgewater, unwarranted Alliance aggression drove the Vulpera towards the Horde. I actually find that kind of cool, it is an example of the Alliance not just being fluffy good boys, but sometimes callous, imperialistic and arrogant. Which is, y’know, more interesting than them being ciphers in a kids cartoon morality play, ending each expansion by turning to the camera and going “I learned something today…”

The Vulpera have plenty reason to dislike the Alliance, and now that they are Horde, the Alliance have plenty of reason to dislike the Vulpera.

Its almost like the reasons define themselves, when two cultures clash and one instantly goes to War as its option.

3 Likes
  1. Vulperas joined the Horde, after the War 4 was over.
  2. Vulperas main camp is in neutral status (not enemy) to Alliance players. We also doing pet battle local quest there.

In other words Vulperas, same as new gnomes, are not interested in faction conflicts. Both of those races joined for some recourses and other benefits (or just for “It’s fan-service” reason).

You seem to confuse their actual maincamp with the temple of the devoted Sethrak. Which isn’t true.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Vulpera_Hideaway

Their actual maincamp.

Yep, I’m talking about that camp.
https://i.ibb.co/9hB1stp/Vulpera-Camp.jpg

I’m doing pet battle quest there, about 2-3 times in a week.

They are unfriendly towards you. Not neutral. Neutral folks have yellow name letters. Not orange.

3 Likes

Do you ever do anything other than just insult other races? It’s really boring.

2 Likes

I wish I could do something else, but since I’m in quarantine I can’t.

Baine actually said no at first. Then vulpera went on to do a bunch of stuff to prove their usefulness and Baine was all like ‘Oh I was wrong what would we ever do without you guys on our side’

Please kick Baine.

(Not that I’m such a big fan of Vulpera but I mean come on we’re Horde not Alliance)

1 Like

Well, its official!
The Vulpera saved the Howd!
…or at least thats what we usually tell around the campfires :smirk:

1 Like

And u dont suppose blizz will have the whole population of any race in game anyway do you?..so for now certain answers to your sort of questions will be speculation or mere opinions until blizz clarify it in any lore reference…

Well… yes. That’s why I said that it’s kind of an interesting question why the Vulpera would be united at all, considering their life style.

2 Likes

I really do reckon they’re kind of Bedouin in their lifestyle, the whole nomadic thing, and the fact that whilst certain people are listened to, they do not seem to have a strict structure like, say, Blood Elves or even Tauren.

I mean what is Kiro’s title? We know he is pretty much the ‘leader’ of the Horde Vulpera, with Nisha as the ‘stick’ to his ‘carrot’, but, I don’t remember ever seeing him being referred to by any title, yet he clearly is the spokesperson at least, and the other Vulpera listen to him, so you’re probably right, the Vulpera would likely be a federation of loosely affiliated caravans, who universally agree to let one person do the talking.

They wantted to give furries to both sides. Alliance already has Worgen.

But worgens don’t even have a tail and the toe count is all wrong. Canines have dew claws on their front feet, making it 4+1 toes. On their hind feet they have 4 regular toes and no dew claws. In game, worgens have 3 toes +1 dew claw on their legs, but what’s funny is that the footprint (pawprint?) is instead the familiar 4-toed paw. :paw_prints:

They could have at least given us a scaly or feathery race :confused: I’d say there were some opportunities for the Alliance to get such a race without stretching the lore too much, but I guess blizzard doesn’t want to go that direction.

I understand that seeing a beast race in Stormwind would be strange and possibly immersion-breaking, but I still wish I could play a race like that while keeping my preferred faction (besides worgens).

1 Like

There are few vulpera titles
Nisha - Fury of the Vulpera
“Hoarder” Jena
But Kiro have none…
Not sure every caravan is with him, just the ones in the Vulpera Hideaway, but every Caravan is part of the Voldunai…
Anyhow, a common saying among the Vulpera " Take care of yourself, no one else will." I think suggest a Vulpera follows another Vulpera because he feels its in his best intrest and not because expecting anything back
So a Caravan leader must be hell of a person, keeping a Vulpera Caravan together and even have a position!
Kiro don’t need fancy titles or such things. He IS Kiro
And thats enough :fox_face:

1 Like

“Fury of the vulpera”, lol, imagine thinking people would be afraid of furries.

3 Likes

Gee I wonder why the Vulpera, a race native to a Horde questing zone would join the Horde.

1 Like