Why did we change loot system

I feel like personal loot system was way more rewarding and bad luck protection compared to w/e we have AGAIN now, i swear ive done all m+ dungeons almost twice, raid finder, and raid normal, and ive seen 3 pieces of loot so far, i remember in BFA (not even a good expansion lol) that i could do ny’alotha and come out with 2-3 pieces… wth happened to this, it feels so unrewarding to spam keys just for the rio and the crests that i might use eventually

3 Likes

I never got to experience that system, but I feel like I agree. The closest I’ve got to now was rolling 99. Someone else rolled 100.

and he doesn’t even need it, its either for “a friend” that he might or not might have
or “simming” or “off spec”

1 Like

Because people who didn’t get any loot, spammed the forums in the same manner pre-personal loot mode about how much better Group Loot is.

Then they got Group Loot and went suprisedpikachuface, that it is infact, not better.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure no one ever asked for group loot to be locked in as the only choice, which is what blizzard gave us.

People asked for a return to choice, where group loot was one of them, but you could also choose for personal loot or master looter, so people could just choose what style they prefered

What blizzard did to the loot rules was not a response to player feedback, but was probably a result of something they decided internally for whatever reason

1 Like

I dislike group loot. It’s awful. I got nore drops and geared faster under PL. The loot that drops now, does not respect the classes and specs present. So stuff drops that no one can even use.

2 Likes

I blame RWF coz they whined about Masterloot! I hope they bring back PL in The War Within!

3 Likes

Persoanlly i prefer group loot…

All persoanl did for me in start of season was assign random :poop: loot that then couldnt be traded. May it rest in hell

I much prefer seeing a mate get his bis item, than me getting it and being useless for me and unable to trade…

All they did was ask for PL with no trading restrictions… so ofc when bliz ignored that and did something else its their fault…

The same way i asked my employeer for a 25% pay increase, and they only gave me 10 is your fault.

Y’all doing it wrong - I do a raid and end up with tons of loot. Every time except VERY RARE when I get like 1 item only but it’s rare.
Idk what you are doing bois

Legacy raids solo don’t count. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

looks like you have skill issue when it comes to rolling

M+ still has personal loot. I guess it’s just that the possibility of 3 items for timing a dungeon was too respectful of our time and we can’t have that.

1 Like

This, a 100% this. Why oh why did they change it to 2?? I did 10 runs so far and got loot once.

Raid drops have been atrociously bad since forever.

Even with the personal loot, the odds for getting the one BIS item you wanted from a particular raid boss was 50% every 13 fight.

but u could at least farm IL

you farm Item level, then you optimize

now you have to pray god at least 1 item drops in 8 runs, its dreadful…

Players complained a lot about the personal loot system when it was in place. Almost every day there was a post on the forums or reddit with someone whinging about it.

There were some valid criticisms of it. For example, people would sometimes get loot they already had or did not need, whereas someone else would’ve benefitted from obtaining it. Its better to just roll.

It used to be possible to trade personal loot, but this created some awkward social situations so Blizzard did away with that.

All in all, I am more in favor of the group loot system we have now. Not because it is flawless (it is very flawed), but rather because it seems to be the least bad of what we had before. I’d rather they just get rid of some of the restrictions on drop rates.

1 Like