Why didn't Vengeance DH's and Brewmaster Monk get any armor Nerfs?

As we all know, Plate Armor users got a 30% armor Nerf in PvP, this was also updated to include Moonkin and Bear form for all Druids Specs who wear leather as a baseline, and such things as Warlock’s demon skin armor.

Why didn’t Vengeance and Brewmasters get any armor Nerfs? I feel it’s quite unfair, but maybe I don’t know all the details.

Can anyone enlighten me? Or is it more a they ‘forgot/don’t care’ kinda issue?

Would you rather have them make two specs that require no nerfs more squishy, just so that it is consistent with the other classes?
Does anyone even play Brewmaster in PvP, at all, ever?
Vengeance is fine without armor nerf and brew is even undertuned.

1 Like

Why yes, that’s more ‘fair’ towards other specs who didn’t need an armor nerf but still got them. When every high armor user gets that same disadvantage, at least in relative terms they lose out less compared to each other.

That’s why I was asking if there was any reason to it, or it just happened to be a randomness these two got spared.

I often log-in as a Guardian druid, which I love to play in epic BG’s. I got my armor in bear form nerfed hard and take a ton more damage, that includes Alterac/Ashran/IoC bosses. I feel my viability as a tank has decreased while the other leather users got a free pass

Why does the vengeance DH get to keep his full armor? I’m not quite sure on how well the bonus armor scales with Brewmaster Monk’s stagger.

But vengeance DH’s are a clear and cut case, they should definitely get to share in our sorrow.

I’m not asking what other buffs Guardian have and why you think they are still viable, i’m sure you can come up with plenty of reasons. Just as you can argue DH has so much leech they don’t need armor at all…

I’m asking for the reason why DH’s (and possibly Brew monks) got excluded from said armor nerf while others, including druids ferals and guardians, are just forced to suck up the extra melee damage?

Seems randomness (edited by moderator) to me, but perhaps i’m not that well informed.

I’m way more confused by the fact that :
My Devastation evoker has 35% armor (betting this is the same for all mail classes)
My Blood DK WHICH IS A PLATE TANK has 23 % armor AND takes 65% more damage

Sound fair especially when my blood dk does 1/4 damage of what an evoker or a hunter would . fun times .

1 Like

Personally I suspect they just blanket threw armor nerfs on everything that has a ‘DPS’ role available with high armor, to save themselves the effort for having to adjust it based on spec and work in an extra line of code…

Only having to adjust it afterwards in a second patch because it was just so crude it caused too much problems for too many people, that they felt forced to put in ‘some’ work.

Probably thinking they need not bother with creating difference code for feral and guardian Druids, because they’re just irrelevant and it was easier to just nerf the entire bear form for everything.

Ironically for Guardian/Feral druids, Moonkin form still gives 125% armor in PvP, which according to the patch notes should be 100%.

So that is bug, but it’s a bug they don’t fix, because they don’t care because it’s not relevant for those druids. I’m just bringing that up to show they’re just doing whatever is less work for them and not really having a plan to it….

I think they just threw Tank specs under the bus as part of that, since as you as say they already receive bonus damage to everything AND now also take more melee damage on top of that, instead of adjusting that bonus damage for specs individually.

Hence why DH and Brewmaster did not receive any ‘extra extra’ damage, because their DPS tree does not have high armor and in the eyes of Devs the DPS spec is the only thing that matters. Since Tank already took that extra hits and it wasn’t really needed.

So your Blood DK got an extra armor nerf because they didn’t want to bother to adjust it for each spec. Likewise DH got to keep its extra armor, because for their DPS spec the nerf wasn’t needed. So pure laziness and not caring.

Yesterday they published they were laying off another 1900 jobs, including those in Activision. I would not be surprised if it was related to that and quality control took a huge hit.

veng’s only defensive spammable spell is armor spikes which increases ur armor, veng is alrdy a high dmg but very squishy tank, if u nerf their armor that defensive spell is useless

As opposed to other tanks, dps and healers that rely on armor? If “veng is already a high dmg” it seems all the more reason to include them in nerfs.

high dmg but squishy? eveyrone knows thast, if it was high dmg and unkillable like bears or bdks then sure

edit: unkillable like bdks/bears i didnt imply they are both high dmg/tanky

DH’s have a huge self-heal in addition to 130% armor and 65% stamina, with massive damage that mostly ignores armor anyway, there is nothing remotely squishy about them compared to all other healer, dps and tank specs that got the armor nerf.

i guess you know better since theres no way convincing, or maybe the devs who didnt nerf the armor of the class cause they know better, have a nice day

That’s the thing, I don’t think Devs thought about balancing at all, just what was the easiest for them to program.

DH’s 130% armor is perfectly eligible and consistent for the line-up of armor nerfs. I don’t think DH and Monk’s got spared because Devs thought they needed it, just that they didn’t care enough to fix it for the others when making a class wide change.

That’s my grievance mostly, not that Vengeance DH’s needed those nerfs perse. I just feel they wronged a few others by using a very blunt axe.

Mostly the 4 tank specs that already took bonus damage and maybe poor feral.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.