Why didn't we get Void elf shaman from the start?

Googlewack, despite your aversion for void elves, maybe because the alliance got your precious blood elf model - I mean I have seen heavy criticism all things void /high elf from Belf fans, at the end of the day we are going to get more race/class combos across the board.

At least this way they make some sense in an interesting way, and would show they still care about such things - rather than blanket opening them up like they did for DKs, and just go, ahw well, Shaman faction taught everybody :frowning:

Actually, I don’t think we need more race/class combos.

I think limiting Classes to particular races actually makes the choice of Race/Class more meaningful as you are tied to having to choose certain Racial Abilities with the classes.

Yes, Racial Abilities need a rework across the board.

But Void Elves having Shamans and Paladin? No No No No No No NO!

1 Like

It doens’t matter what you , or I think, they’re popular enough requests, and they need things that please fans that are easy to do, whether we need them or not.

half the things we have we don’t need, but we get htem either because they are cool or fans want em or both.

AT least this way they can be exciting somewhat and fit. I’d much rather void elf entropists with a lore background or Night elven/Borne arcane conjurists - adopting the shaman class but as arcnae users and void users, liek we got a TIdesage story rather than… “Earthern ring” taught them :(((( – or are you still not cringing at Orc mages “learnt from reading books indeed”

1 Like

And it’s a popular enough request that game contain meaningful choices aswell.

But I have a right to protest why I don’t think this should happen, and I am doing it right here!

Until Blizz announces they are doing it, it’s not happening.

Well you were intelligent enough to conjure up the OP… so Orcs can be just as smart as well :).

I 100% agree with you here, which is why i feel certain combinations should never happen.

However in time, certain lore advances can actually open up potential new ones in an interesting way.

If the Emerald nightmare trouble with the void didn’t keep popping up, we’d never have had the opportunity for void elf druids becoming a thing because void elves helped the night elven druids with the problem, learning druidism and the void to produce this.

I’m fine with a new combination if it can make sense in an interesting way like this… The same goes for the arcane approach to the shaman class… we know night elves and nightborne use the arcane to enhance weapons like enhancement does, , and they use the arcane to produce elements just like elementals do whom shaman get their efforts from. So we can give them that option via that.

You absolutely have a right to protest, , it’s a shame I presssed enter before finishing my response to you, so you didn’t see the reply above.

NEw race class combos are okay when they make sense, and i feel they can come as and when… but not forced like we had in cata… I still don’t understand orc mages… still… however human hunters are fine, night elf mages should have happened from the start - so obviously not all of them were bad.

But Space Elf Shamans don’t make sense. Shadow Priest void elves make more sense…

Although a Void Paladin would look pretty cool if it had all the same Attacks, just all the graphics were void…

but hey. would never make sense.

1 Like

Magic in wow has long and already been deterimed to be drawn from the cosmo chart we already got.

A mage using Shaman like abilities would no longer be a mage or a Shaman.

A void druid would no longer be a druid. Just the void imitating what a druid does.

Enchantments in Arcane nature. or the Elemental Nature it doesn’t matter… they are both done in each of their different abilities to do so. Its not enouhg to make a Class combo out of them even if you could.

If you had a Void elf who previously where a Demon hunter. turn their abilitiies into void versions of their skills as a Demon hunter.

Or a Former Blood knight who became a ‘‘Void’’ Knight with the same converterd abilities. It would still not make them Demon hunters or Blood knights.

A former Blood knight may become a Void knight. A former Demon hunter. May turn their abilties magic into void.

But there has to be an oppesite to draw from or apply to it.

Nature magic. Shamanism etc. has no void oppesites to draw from or make magic from.
You can apply void magic to a hunters arrows. A mages abilties. A priest shadow magic and so on and so on.

But Druids and shamans? Don’t think that will pass on too well

1 Like

A Void elf is a None corrupted high elf that is using the void.
A paladin is a filled with holy magic Void corrupts holy magic.
A void knight would be by definition corrupted and therefore not fit as a void elf and the void would control the void knight not the other way around.

So if you want void knight to be a possible class for void elf you have to change what void is or you have to change what a void elf is either way you are changing lore to make it fit.

Magic is not fixed nor separate.

if a mage couldn’t draw fire, you would’nt have a fire spec nor a frost spec, nor would you ever have seen mages use earth, water, fire and other elementals

There is much more intersection than people realise

the cosmic powers you quote, are presented as sets in a ven diagram that intersect each others, showing you there is overlap, lot’s… lore is full of it… in fact… class placements are actually arbitary constructs for ordering gameplay… most lore books and novels have a scope far beyond the constraints of the in game class.

This is why a Tidesage, that has almost nothing to do with Orc or Tauren shamanism, shows up as a shaman for the Kul’tiran allied race.

The void is the cnoverse to the light. If you can have Light warriors called paladins, you can have void warriors too… just like Tidesages aren’t shaman, they won’t be paladins either, but they would show up in class selection as paladins… hopefully they’d use a purple colour effect instead of golden to signify they are void based.

that’s how I’d do it, but this more the realm of class skins.

No their isn’t.

Shamans who have fire magic draw upon it from the Fire Elementals. Namely, Smolderon.

Mages use it as part of their arcane-school kit.

Again, get over it. Play a Draenei or Zandalari, if you want to play something that looks like an elf. Or simply, don’t play a Shaman, period. It’s actually nice for 1 class to not be available to Elves.
I don’t see why a class should be bent, just because a few people want to play “elf everything.”

3 Likes

all this crap would be wasted time as long as devs can’t even deliver content

Mate - he blames the Blood Elf fanbase for anything that hurts his alliance feels.

Like, no joke. :rofl: :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

seems like someone with too much time on his hands who will keep yapping on about what they specifically want , reminds me of that Kalibas guy

It’s funny you should mention “that Kalibas guy…”

He has a lot of alts.

ah ye, it’s him, well well way too much time on his hands

Do you really not understand this the VOID CORRUPTS it is corrupting everything.
Void Elf is Using the MAGIC without being corrupted ok? (this is the lore of void elf go read it sometime)
Holy magic gets corrupted faster then anything else by the void ok?
Paladins are light (aka holy) magic users more intense then others ok?
So to make a Void paladin aka a void knight you are going to have the VOID CORRUPT the paladin that means the paladin no longer is in control ok?

The void knight is no longer a void elf because they are fully corrupted by the void ok?
It just do not work you HAVE to change the lore to make this class work.
There is no other way then to change either how Void Elf works or how the magic Void works, either/or you are making large lore changes to make it work.

Who said that? The light is just equally as “corruptive” as the Void. Everything can “corrupt” you. Even the Arcane.

The Elfs have no connection to the Elements. It wouldnt make sense. And using the Void to obey them (given your twilight example) would cause them to get executed.

And forcing the Elements will cause you to get executed. The Dwarfs wouldnt tolerate it and the Orcs would go absolutely ballistic.

They have noting in common. The Arcane/void/light users are accesing the plane of their origination for the powers. Shamans access the Elementals and have them borrow their power. The only way to circumvent that would be to access the elemental planes themselves if they exist in the same fashion. That will however cause the Elemetals to go ballistic and they will go after you or simply block you from accessing the plane. The latter making you equal to thrall after he killed Garrosh (as in absolutely worthless).

1 Like