Why do healers get to be unkillable tanks in pvp?

A Demon Hunter talking about OP classes, how many times exactly have you been 1v1’d by a healer?

2 Likes

They designed to facetank 2 persons in arena untill damp.

I do find it strange though that a frickin DH of all things can’t kill stuff. Perhaps you need to stack more Gushing Wounds? Or go full TD tank and 1shot people who can’t counter it in any way?

World of Warcraft 3.3.x. Playing Arcane Mage I was able to kill ANYTHING that didn’t LOS me or pop some uber defensives like Divine Shield or AMS. That was the whole point of playing nuclear glass cannon spec though. And the price was being quite fragile vs physical dmg & not very good in attrition warfare.

So you are yet to meet Holy Paladins with their ludicrous Holy Shock damage…

Not that i know anything about pvp, but you probably mean judgement with 3x indomitable azerite traits and then the next holy shock on the same target, during wings. Especially judgement can ramp up pretty high.

I knew a game once where you could 1v1 anyone by any class and PvP balance was nearly perfect, along with class fantasy.
That game was called World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria.

3 Likes

Simply say thanks to classes like DH, monks, etc. which is impossible to kite/make gap, and ofc slower melee classes suffers a bit. But how a class like shadow priest should make a gap between him and DH? impossibru.

2 Likes

You mean you coudn’t kill anybody because everyone had multiple defensives, stuns, heals, etc and arena matches went till the time limit?

1 Like

Ahhh Vinzora good to see you back. Its been 6 months+ and you still cant kill a healer? Seems like a learn to play issue imo.

5 Likes

I watch most of thw AWC matches, where top pvp’ers fight, and simply put - only big coordinated CC chains allows casters to cast, without them, it’s just mindless melee training (like coffin dance team with dh/monk 24/7 healer train), or even jungles with a burst potential to 100-0 a target in 1s. Casters are at least predictable and requires a lot of skill to play, while as a melee, you just smash buttons and 100-0 people in 1s with couple drests and hard hiting abilities.

Why do they require more skill when they are doing the same without have to close the gap? And what classes are more skilled? locks or priest that can hardcast in your face because they have bigger dmg output anyway? Mages that can get away with a polymorph and frostbolt/pyroblast spam? Hunters that just send their pets in to dps while they run or just hardcast aimed shot in melee range and you didnt even have to keep the range anymore? Last time casters or any class required any skill that was in wotlk, in bfa they are all the same its silly to talk about skills in bfa where very class is 3 button at max.

I beg your pardon? I would urge you to follow the Terms of Service and remain cordial when posting on the forums, lest you find yourself on a little vacation. This thread is not personal and it’s not about me, it’s about the ridiculous OPness of healers in pvp. Healers are balanced for RAID BOSSES, not BGs. The worst offenders are monks and druids, healers should not have that kind of mobility.

And there goes the threatening. Welcome back to the forums, Vinzora. I look forward to your multiple daily threads and spamposting.

1 Like

I like how its always ‘someone disagrees = insults/threats’.

@op No healers shouldnt be killed by a single dps at least not easily. Healers have a range of utility to deal with being jumped on (as they should as they generally lack damage) and ofc they can heal.

If i remember correctly in one of your previous posts (even though there were many many of them on this same topic) you wanted healers to not be able to heal? Or tanks be able to tank? I cant remember which.

I look forward to your post next week complaining that SHOCK tanks are tanky.

1 Like

I don’t know if you saw the game5 GG vs C9, when it went to 2v2 situation ( shadow priest+resto sham vs ww monk+holy pala) - that must have been one of the most 1 sided match ending I have ever seen. Priest+sham had basicaly 0 chances. ZERO.
Casters has to make these 20s cc chains to enable kill oportunities, and even then melee can simply sprint away to LOS and afk while healer comes back. You can’t outrun melee without help from others, but as a melee you can run away.

Violets are blue
Roses are red
We’ve all been baited
Into Vinzora’s thread

Healer is unkillable for the same reason dh is unkillable by any melee.

1 Like

In PvE tanks are the ones that take a big pounding, providing your team knows how to focus healers, it’s kind of reversed in PvP. I know people also bring tanks to BGs but unless they are carrying a flag they don’t really get focused so much.

Because healers can’t (in theory) kill you 1v1.

I played a few arenas in s3, ive found many dps that could cut me down like paper xD
Now in S4 if you have Gushing wounds… Its kinda horrible for them, maybe swap to gushing that you have none? Just sayin

But thats ok, its a dh feature.

Swtor

10 char