Why do hunters instant casts do more damage than casters casted spells?

Seriously they need some serious looking into, every BG is like 7 hunters on the alliance, my spells take like 2-second casts and do like 500 dmg crits, then a hunter throws an instant cast arcane shot at me for 1k, instant cast aim shot proc for 5k?
Don’t tell me it’s the level it’s at all levels/gear in PvP.
It starts becoming tedious.

Bringing back the hunter dead zone/instant cast damage nerf would be a start so they can’t just spam all their stuff without a single downside.

6 Likes

First off, it’s all in the levels… blizzard don’t (can’t) balance the game around people leveling, it’s an endgame focused game. Second the MM hunter instant cast aimed shot has a really low proc chance, so if hunters having an instant cast that deals too much dmg is your biggest issue then keep in mind that instant cast is the deciding factor in about 1 in every 10 fights you end up in in BGs.

1 Like

got hit for 35+5k shot and some other stuff today with my ret in 2s, mm is overtuned af, died instantly (was 100% hp with 60k)

4 Likes

Read what I put above about level not mattering.
It’s the same at max level.

Got hit for 30+15k+15k+10k+20 by a ret in 2s in 1.5 seconds. You are saying MM is overtuned af. I have NOT THIS YEAR seen a worse case of kettle calling pot black.

1 Like

How did he get so many hits in that amount of time…?

A lucky proc from a very “balanced” conduit. Ret is poorly designed, we ask for mobility and they give us RNG damage. It feels like rolling a dice, if you roll 6 somebody dissapears, if you don’t… you will probably lose.

Execution Sentence by far ==> Shield of Vengeance ==> Divine Steed to gap close ==> Divine Toll (That can proc 3x Judgement with 100% bonus damage with a conduit) ==> Final Reckoning ==> Templar Verdict

Add a Seraphim and wings and you have the typical one shot combo of Ret pal. Everything land at pretty the same time.

1 Like

hunters defending broken spec, who would have ever thought :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

To answer the thread title - because they have focus, and they spend focus on attacks. Casters dont.

Balance is a different thing, and this is where my knowledge ends ~~

MM Hunters aren’t over. They are just snipers from Battlefield. :roll_eyes:

Honestly it’s such a pervasive problem at low level, hunter abilities have been doing ridiculous damage for at the past few expansions. They could easily add a “dampening” to spells at lower levels to reduce their damage - it wouldn’t take much time or effort.

MM has a 1 shot gimmick. Nothing more then that.

They could just reduce the damage of aimed shot by 50% and only allow it to do 100% damage when the instant cast procs.
And lower the chance of it proccing.

hunters right now are overtuned, just a bit above eveyr other overtuned class, that need to have setup or melee range to do their thing, they have more tools to deal with others than most, they are a mage, that cannot be interrupted, with somehow better defensives, range, and a stun… mage are strong, paladin are strong, warriors are strong, etc, but only hunter literally give me the vibes of being unbeatable atm, if i encounter a 3k cr warrior and he beats me, i can aknowledge that i got outplayed, but hunter is just bs atm.

then again, they have so much coutnerplay to combustion that i might just get that feeling as a mage
Combust < dispel < stun < turtle < roar of sacrifice < feign death < silencing shot < scatter trap
pets are immune to sheep if undead or mech, aka always atm.

i just refuse to even bother dueling a hunter atm.

and the counterargument people can provide is “you are a mage, you can 1shot” yes, if the enemy doesn’t do any of the 100000 things he can do, i can. if a hunter engages me on the other hand, and he literally goes though shield at 60k hp and send me to cautherize, what can i do ?

i was hit by a rapidfire at max range for 70k. i was literally full, hp, and my cauth procced, thats a block, im starting the fight with no block, and no cauth.

3 Likes

I completely agree. Hunters are out of control atm. And they can do everything it feels. Just look at most BG scoreboards and it says it all.

2 Likes

In TBC and vanilla aimed shot used to be a 3-second cast, it hit like a truck but this was before when hunters had dead zones it was balanced, you let them cast it you were punished, now hunters can bunny hop around spamming instant cast aimed shots which do like 50% of your HP and then all the other survivability they now have.
It needs a major looking into.

1 Like

People will still complain even if with deadzones back in.

Also if you think all of my aimed shots are instant, youre wrong

Yeah, but hunters are overplayed, so you’ll survive one oneshot, only to fall to the next 5 who try it.

Because Hunters have been designed badly after Wrath. They had mana and deadzone. MM Hunter in Wrath was very strong sure, but it also needed pretty high skills to do well.

Hunters as a Class were ruined because people complained.

So instead of keeping Hunter skillcap high they made them easymode. And result is what we have right now. I dont even want to play them. Survival is kinda okay though.

1 Like