Why do people enjoy pvp?

So…after quite a long time away from any kind of pvp content, i decided i had to try again since a good essence is Locked behind a pvp-gate. Needless to say, after waiting for half an hour, the experience was Horrible. It took just 5 minutes for the warsong gulch match to devolve into a graveyard camping session.

Dispite being on top of damage done on my side, i felt like i wasn’t able to kill ANYONE. The healers were blatantly overpowered and impossible to kill, even though someone STILL was moaning out loud that we should “focus the healer”. Little did he know, healers are unkillable most of the time.

How can people enjoy this?? Why do people enjoy getting camped, humiliated, camped, angered, waiting for hours for a match to pop only to lose near-straight away? Why is the essence GATED behind an impossible quest to win battlegrounds and islands(PVP)??

2 Likes

We make the same 80% of the bgs , 3 players horde teams everytime on enemy side.

Ask your community 4 dd spot for bgs. then go bgs as 5 dd. you will end up in graveyard camp.

Most random bg players play for daily win or to relaxed. When they see there is competation or they are getting farmed , QQ

So basicly…it’s Garbage matchmaking?

Can’t say i’m surprised since we’re talking about Blizzard here. xD
I don’t know anyone else who volenteers to do pvp.

Garbage matchmaking , if you want to have balance , play rated bgs.

You will never graveyard camp any alliance players there. And it will give you tough times for 16 minutes eventually you can lose badly if your team is not equal their skills.

Random bgs have nomatchmaking system. You can have on opposite team people who played 3 bgs for 2 years and made m+ whole times.

-People enjoy getting camped, humiliated etc … in their eagerness to feel that adrenaline rush, and/or in the hope of winning …
-The essence is GATED behind PVP, as a way to piss off PVE players …
Imagine now how PVP players feel when gated behind PVE in their trying to acquire almost anything in the game …(bis gear, essences etc…)

4 Likes

I ask myself this sometimes.

Especially in epic bgs like AV where the intention is to avoid PvP and repeat the same tactics game after game.

You do get good games where it comes very close and there is tons of PvP but damn is it rare.

It’s not like there is much of a difference between winning or losing, when I play pvp now in epics/bgs I just watch the scoreboard and compare my performances and see what changes can do for me in terms of performance and fun factor.

Normal Bgs are different, it’s a bit more free for all in my experience, at least compared to the epic bgs and their set in stone zerg tactics, I avoid these more because I often prefer to solo que and the matchmaking/premading means there is poor balance and less pvp for me overall, I love the big frays epic bg and large brawls bring.

For healers often just focusing them down is enough, they don’t die but they can’t pump out adequate heals for their teammates, 2 DPS who use stuns and interupts appropriately can kill a healer no problem too.

Far from impossible to obtain but it’s just how the game goes, PvPers must PvE and reversed etc

If there is dh tank on enemy team

I focus in that direction

dh tank > healers > dps

Today dh tank gave up on twin peaks when all crowd control was on him and waited in graveyard finish moment.

Dps picked flags instead. And that dh tank was 980k hp. You need to focus right things on bgs.

Play like this

DH tank > healers > dps

And do not allow dh tank pick flag even for once.

2 Likes

If I see any DH I just spam my control abilities also but I tend to try keep my dps on healer, I try DH some and I realised how much CC hurts them.

I did not play regular BG enough really in this patch but we did share one game Krieg maybe 1-2 weeks ago, you play with a rogue on your team, I testing my 466 balance druid in Twin Peaks, I cap one flag for our team, you call tactic for player to regroup on our FC but many just keep dying on bridge and in enemy base :joy: this was typical experience for me, many player do not collaborate, often many attack seperate target and it frustrates me so I tend to avoid normal BG, in this game many of our team just PvP’d eachother in chat :rofl:

Sometimes I try to focus my dps where my team dps is for more chance on kill potential also but it is unfortunate many player disregard shotcallers.
If just 2-4 player set focus on one teammate and focus target it can help a lot, I do not know why people do not collaborate more, this is why I cannot blame people for bringing their premades.

I rarely play these game or go against DH carriers but I will try this more often if I do come across it.

Yes that rogue is my best friend. And now on eu top 100 rbg ladder. Didnt notice you on bg. We play every night at least 6 hours with that rogue. Did we win bg?

If pug is low damage I keep game in our base area. I dont go enemy lines passing middle.

We lost this one 3-1, player from silvermoon fighting you in the chat, when this start to happen the team stopped playing as a unit and most player do what they wish, I had resto druid help cap with me, second time horde move to counter and most our team split up.

It was a good tactic and I follow but litterally just 4 of us against the rest of the horde, if we defended our FC(other druid take second time) then the player could mount an attack and kill the EFC very quickly.

It is not often I play with other player who call shots, especially in the regular bg so it was a welcome change, even if others did not think so lol

Ah yeah I remember that bg , I was 2 players in there.

I dont invite everyone to group. Because the people you queue if not different than randoms. No point to premade with them. I queue 1 or 2 more people with me. But I dont make full group.

1 Like

I love the fact that a few essences are locked behind PvP. Now PvEers will know what PvPers have to suffer through.

As for the actual question, I mostly only enjoy AB, WSG and Twin Peaks, as in 10v10 you don’t get more healers than 2 most of the time (in my experience, 80% of those games are 1 heal only, which is great actually), and Arathi Basin really depends on how people can rotate, which people can’t do in a random BG. Then again, I had ABs with 7 healers on the enemy team + Demon Hunters, so…

Personally, I’m more annoyed by Fire Mages and Holy Priests. Noskill 0brainer % based 3 second cast time gpyro and 2 sec casttime gheal is so broken for random BGs, and very unfun to play against. Even if they can’t cast those, they still have a full toolkit to live with. As a retri, it feels like they have permanent wings.

1 Like

Yeah it is premade issue in normal BGs, although it can sometimes be a fun challenge if your pug is good my opinion is there should be a matchmaking premades vs premades only, and soloqueue in a specific bracket

well it is mportant to mention your r talking about flags BGs only, i guess? In other BGs dh tanks r pretty harmless

I love BGs because as a rogue I can have a huge impact in “cap and hold base” BGs by ninjaing and then defending the node. Also as a rogue I’m useful vs flag carriers and healers in team fights.

WPvP is brutal on my shard, because horde is always outnumbered, but again, as a rogue it’s interesting.

Arena I’m learning, but so far it’s the most frustrating PvP part.

I enjoy bgs atm more then The Arena clownfiesta

Try to watch rank 1 people twitch live , everyone one shotting each other with gear on arena.

Tanks should not be allowed on none flag bgs.

Tonight we were playing silvershard mines with 5 community people. first 1.5 minute 7 horde left bg. Then 6 tanks joined bg for their place. It shouldn’t happen.

To your question to answer better , this Picture is from 2 days ago.

After getting ww in less than 10 seconds. 10 horde players became afk on mine during battle for gilneas.

https://ibb.co/WP1rQ7k

Happens on both sides.

Bg was 500-328 , they spent whole game on mine. This is called garbage matcmaking.

One side gets pvp players. Other side gets m+ players or unrated players WHO didnt play pvp for more than few times a year.

You will not notice such stuff on rated bgs often once you step up your rating.

Becuz you compete vs other humans and not with bots.

1 Like

Basically this. I’ll never understand why people find wiping on scripted AIs for hours and hours in raids interesting. Much more interesting to fight against other players.

Having said that, BFA pvp is in a complete state of clusterduckery.

2 Likes