Why do they only care about mythic people?

Essences, cloak, corruption. Seems since Ion took charge this game is ONLY focused on making the mythic boys(which represent like 0.01% of the total population) feel as good as possible.
PVP has been thrown to the garbage bin, there is no casual way to actually get good gear. The gap in ilvl wouldn’t be a problem if not for the insane corruption advantage the guys that run mythic have. 70% versatility resto druid, how in the name of GOD can anyone compete with that? Why is the game SO focused on making these 0.001% people feel so superior to everyone else.
No expansion had such a BAD catch up mechanism. Essences, cloak, corruption, good azerite traits, what were you guys thinking? All other expansion (even tbc with the valor points vendor) had catch up mechanism. PvP returning players are given 445 gear just to be cannon fodder to the guys from mythic ny’alotha.
I don’t know about you guys, but I got the message, I don’t know why they think its ok to do this, but guess they only care now about what Method does and how Method feels and any other feedback is ignored. I am done paying for this and hope people follow suit, let them enjoy 0.1% revenue.
Why can’t we have something like the valor point gear catch up like in tbc? Why wont you let 445 gear from honor and 460 from conquest at this late stage? Why are essences still a thing? Why is the cloak 15 progress gated? Why not put all corruptions in the MOTHER vendor? WHAT ARE YOU GUYS THINKING?!?

21 Likes

Solutions? They are called guilds, but seeing your Wot I doubt a serious one will consider inviting you in.

3 Likes

I see you’re trolling, but I’ll bite. What would a guild solve ? Would it solve the FACT that it takes MONTHS for a returning player to catch up(if ever). The cloak CR cannot be catched up, you can get rank 15 and then just get gated. Essences are REP gated. Everything is GATED. Why are you defending this system? Why are you against having a system where people can farm as much as they want and play WHEN they want not when blizzard decides.

5 Likes

You will play the vision Ion has seen fit to grant you and you will love it!

15 Likes

A nice timegate in the future would be something like the opening of the gates of ahn’qiraj.

Basically, imagine essences (for example), but instead of them being timegated per character behind reputations, they are timegated server/worldwide behind some event in which everyone can participate in order to unlock them for everyone at once.

Becouse I made this character in 8. 3 and it took me 2 weeks to be on par with the other dps in mine guild, and we had other 5 rerollers, one just last week that switched from hunter to warlock

Sostfu

2 Likes

How is this in any way unfair?

Why should you be able to gear and prepare faster than those who didn’t quit?

10 Likes

You can do 2x 3 resistance instead of 1 per week, so technically there’s a catch-up, though I would call it a poor solution.

Wondering why they still haven’t fixed this.

Then you don’t have much to be on par with.

3 Likes

I had to get essence, mechagon rep, 2 sets of Azerite gear (1 for single 1 for aoe) and neck lv (and I have done 0 island with that character)

Stop lying, you were 4/8 EP mythic. Also, maybe you can drop the profanity a bit and have a civilized discussion if possible, I know it’s hard for mythic boys, but you can try, right?
You are literally lying that a returning player can catch up, unless he is like you “returning” after he was 4/8 EP mythic in 8.2. I am talking about players that quit at the start of 8.2. Do you think it is normal for the game to have players that quit just one patch ago be gated for MONTHS? Also there is absolutely no way those players would EVER get in a decent mythic+ group or a raiding guild.
It is also funny you don’t realize how this bites you as it artificially makes the pool of mythic players smaller, as people will see it is not worth the grind and just quit.
I had two friends now join the game again and quit after I told them what they had to do for the essences, cloak, corruption. The game NEVER was this bad before, even in freaking vanilla you had ZG, this is next level incompetence from Blizz

3 Likes

My shaman had garbage score in RIO.

Wanna know how I fixed it? I got my own key and buildt it up.

6 Likes

It’s not about being “unfair” or not…

It’s a through and through bad business decision. If you add a gating system that keeps new or returning players from getting “raid ready” within a reasonable amount of time, it might keep them from starting or returning at all.

In my opinion one should be able to catch up to the current levels very quickly if you dedicate the time to grind it out. No timegating for returning players etc. Meaning you have to do the work, but you’re not timegated until you reach the current “max level”.
This also make it less a pain in the backside if you got an alt you’d like to play.

Granted I don’t know how much time it actually takes. Got a guildmate helping me and the wife by boosting us through horrific visions, so it’ll be faster for us. While we piece by piece get a better cloak over the weeks, he can run a full clear without dropping below 80% sanity unless he has to resurrect us more than once.
So he’s pretty far ahead still anyway.

5 Likes

I like this whataboutism coming from some of you. Congrats, you waited ten hours for a tank to have pity on you and join your +2 key. How long did it take you to grind your rio score? Months? Do you understand the actual problem here? We NEED a way for returning players to catch up gear, essence, CR wise. RIO score be damned, just give them a hand so they don’t massively quit the first time they find out what CHORES they have to do before they stop feeling like a dead weight in a group.

1 Like

and this was the char i used in 8.2.

we just went back a sunday to drop a pair of coral.

blame yourself not the game

My hunter was 8/8 heroic EP, though this doesn’t really matter too much for gear, as the heroic ilvl from EP is about the same as current max level WQ. First week of playing her again, I had a timed +12 with the help of my guild. I did have the majority of 8.2 essences that I wanted though, and the remaining ones I can buy because my main has them. Most time lies within getting the essences you need, this can easily be 3~4 weeks.

This rogue didn’t exist until a few weeks after 8.3 was released. I first did 11/12 on my DH on heroic before making it. 2 weeks after reaching 120, I was doing +14 and +15 keys, and shortly after I started timing them. The longest grind was getting essences (no catch-up when I geared this). I was doing Mythic Ny’alotha I think about 4 or 5 weeks after getting 120.

It’s not impossible, it just takes a lot of time, dedication, and help from your guild.

2/10 won’t get another character to 120 and try to do even heroic.

1 Like

Yeah corruption was such Hardcore player oriented Lmao.

You either did not care at all about performance(and you can’t do that if you go for certain content), won the lottery early/bought boes or you felt frustrated and you actually gave up on hard content because you did not want to be the dps in wheelchair.

My main now has R3 Twilight Devastation and R3 Infinite Stars available on 460+ gear thanks to the recent change they made to Visions gear always dropping with corruption. I play solo only.

You do get 460 from Conquest (check this char if you don’t believe me). I’m 465 right now and have not touched M+ or raid in Season 4.

1 Like

I doubt, to be fair. This system seems to be frustrating for a mythic raider, more than anything. I doubt people who play the game competitively enjoy having a large part of their dps tied to random drops (which was a thing before the vendors got implemented).

2 Likes

It’s not impossible, it just takes a lot of time, dedication, and help from your guild.

That’s the point, right? It takes a month+ even with a guild that wants to boost you. This late into the expansion there should really be at most 2-3 weeks of grind before a player is on par to jump into content. Again, historically this never been this bad, never were there so many check boxes to tick before starting new.

I kind of get what you are saying OP but I am struggling to see why this is an ‘Ion’ problem. Yes there are lots of things to catch up with but it has ever been thus in reality. About the only expansion I can think of which didn’t have such a large problem was Wrath and maybe Cata (although I am sure that better memories than mine will recall other things), after that there was pretty always something that needed to be upgraded, or had a long grind to it, to a certain point.

If we think Vanilla and TBC, if you wanted to be on a par with everyone else you had to start right back at the beginning gearing through normal dungeons/rep and then onto heroics before hitting the first raid tier and so on and so forth. A massive timegate that a lot of players and guilds burnt out on.

Personally I would say that over the course of the last 15 years this game had actually become a lot less about the top players with the introduction of omre casual friendly activities etc.

1 Like