Why do we have loot specialization?

Just genuinely curious. Like most people I’m not 100% sold on the game in its current state, only log in to play with friends. been off since before xmas, came on last week did a m+ that was it. log in this morning, do WF, and an emissionary yesterday and collect my chest for my guardian Druid and receive 3 pieces of dps gear. Including a dps trinket and a dps weapon. I was lead to the fact that the loot spec was just for trinkets, but I get a useless 390 one. I’m seriously loosing the will to live with this game at present :frowning: 3 ilvl upgrades that were not upgrades as the stats were terribad. Just wondering what the actual point the loot spec plays at present XD

This is fixed with next weeks chest, WF and many more things. Read the following post for more info:

/peace out
Xaintivia

2 Likes

Loot spec just narrows down things like trinkets and weapon types.

Regarding trinkets, tanks can still get ‘dps’ trinkets as they all have some defensive value, be it the baseline str/int or a crit proc or whatever.

Weapon types so a ret loot set paladin won’t get a 1h weapon or shield from a boss or mythic+ box, and at some point (possibly already implemented) emissary caches.

Edit: It takes absolutely 0 consideration for what stats your spec wants, if you can equip it, you can receive it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.