Why do you enjoy playing priest?

I’m just curious what peoples reason are.
Is it playstyle, lore? Well whatever you can think of.

As for me i like shadow priest the most because of the lore and the whole void dabbling stuff. And the gameplay of it is fun too of course.

1 Like

Because I’ve spent almost 500 days of play time on that class and I just cba changing class, so else I play this class else I don’t play the game at all, in this expansion Disc is nice and engaging to play and shadow is okayish so I guess that’s it.

2 Likes

Enjoy it because of whole conception of Discipline, healing allies through harming eneimies, besides all 3 specs got variety of tallents/builds/traits that makes your own gameplay special (no matter what wowhead or icy-veins tells :3)

1 Like

Well because my.main (warr) is unplayable boring bullcrap. So ive looked for fun class to play and shadow is very fun mechanicaly.

1 Like

The only reason I play priest because this was my first ever character, done lots with it, lots of rep grinding etc… Can’t just abandon it, feels like if I change to an alt I have lost all the progress on them, and tbh I can’t be bothered to do it all over again

2 Likes

Couldn’t care less about the lore.

My previous class sucks, so I had to reroll, and I really like playing as an offensive healer.

Started this priest for a raid of a friend cause they needed a healer and stuck with priests since. Its the only class with caster dps and healing spec for elves so yeah.

1 Like

Initially made this priest back in Cataclysm just to grip people, switched to it as a main in Legion because I didn’t like the changes to MW which was my main in Warlords. Was close to switching to druid but really liked Holy’s whole “cast spells to reduce the cd of your other spells” mechanic. That didn’t really change for this expac so I stayed as Holy.

After i saw the TBC trailer fell in love with the blood elf female priest and created this one!

Because i like other men and i want people to know it.

8 Likes

:sweat_smile::joy::rofl::rofl:
You made my day! Thank you!

I fcking loved MoP shadow and having everything instant cast in WoD was awesome.

Nowadays? Well, I don’t but I have too much stuff on this character to quit it

3 Likes

Because Im the Harbinger of N’zoth

I enjoyed it more during times of Wrath/Cata.

It’s kinda hard to describe. I felt like I had a tool for every situation. After I got the hang of it I was almost always in control, but it still required a lot of attention and some mobility, I normally prevented damage by shields, but I liked to jump in and do aeo heals every now and then. Contant looking for good moments for that and constant prediction kept me engaged. Loved penace and I guess I still love it now. I can still do all that, but now my arsenal feels a bit limited.

2 awesome healing specs.

1 Like

Because I like being melee punch bag.

1 Like

It used to be fun playing disc and holy every expansion before Legion, so I guess I kinda got stuck to it. I used to love the whole shield thing, the slow moving but tanky healer we used to be, the offensive capability… nowadays it seems they took almost all that away and gave it to resto druids, but I play disc because of the old disc design, I suppose that’s the answer.

1 Like

You’re about to get a real story!

In TBC, my first level 70 was a belf hunter. Yep, I was one of those. Then one day when my server was down, my best friend suggested we should roll alliance characters on another server and pick the classes we think are the most boring to play. I was an edgy kid back then so I thought priest must be the most boring class out of them all. So I rolled a priest.

… soon thereafter I had abanadoned my old servers and my friends there because the class was too much fun to play. One of the main appeals, I think, was Power Word: Shield. Priests, mages and warlocks have no real armor so tanking melee mobs felt… well, kind of stupid. Except for priests. Priests had divine and awesome protection!

Then I couldn’t help but love the shadowy aspects of the class as well. Mind manipulation! Abilities like Mind Vision and Mind Control were awesome.

I do feel like priests have lost a lot of their cool factor in retail, though. Holy no longer have Power Word: Shield, which is a cry in shame. The ability itself is nothing in comparison to how it was in the past. Shadow Priests have taken on the theme of insane cultists and not the cool shadowmancers they once were. Shadowform is essentially useless because there’s absolutely no reason to ever exit it. That being said, if someone forced me to play one class in retail, I think I’d still pick the priest, but it’s not as cool as it once were. :frowning:

I love shadow priests for lore and all of the void stuff, i can’t get used to voidform usage but i will, trying hard to master this spec since vanilla :smiley:

I started playing this priest in Legion, where I loved discipline, since it was different. At start of BfA, I changed to holy, really liked that as well.

Now I’m thinking about starting again, the problem with 8.2 are these freaking essences. Yesterday I ended the grind on my resto shaman, and I feel like NOT doing all that again, so that keeps me from playing this one.

I really want to try disc again, and yes I got a rest druid, apparently the meta healing class at the moment, but boring af to play.

Shadow however, never got into that, dunno, not my thing :smiley: Looks cool though, just not my playstyle.

1 Like