Why does Ashran exist?

And why was it brought back into epic bgs? And who the hell would farm 3000 fragments for a miniboss? Where is my blacklist function for it? Epic bgs were good without it… thanks

3 Likes

Neither Ashran nor Wintergrasp should’ve become epic BGs honestly, to me they both feel incredibly unfun.

2 Likes

I had enough of Crapran and Crappergrasp in their respective expansions.

Crappergrasp always had like 40 horde against 10 alliance on my server and the same went with Crapran.

Also they removed Strand of Ancients because it was apparently unfun but then they turn the above world PvP arenas into battlegrounds (lol).

At least with Strands you could have fun and not spend thirty mins killing a wall and also they removed the blacklist function.

2 Likes

I would gladly trade Seething Shore for the old Deepwind George, the new Deepwind George and Wintergrasp for Strand of the Ancients (at least I had some good memories in that BG, and it was interesting, even if tedious).

Seething Shore is just mad rush for resources, where ‘fight’ usually isn’t encouraged (because ‘gathering’ is more important) - really bad for PvP on all levels.

Wintergrasp relies too heavily on the identical-looking vehicles (I mean, hard to tell from a glance if it’s your or enemy’s vehicle that’s coming at ya), and makes your class or powers feel insignifigant. How fun, everyone has the same ‘vehicle feel’ instead of being able to utilize their own class in their own way.

Why unify the ‘gameplay’ this way? It’s boring!

Also, vehicles being so important makes everything way too grindy and uninteresting anyway. Vehicles are not interesting or fun, unless they’re some rare thing that you only utilize sometimes. As a main thing, they’re a really boring experience.

Being graveyard camped apparently wasn’t bad enough - being graveyard camped by vehicles is just another level of nightmare.

Ashran is visually interesting, has a lot of potential to be great, more complex and tactical BG, but in practical reality, it just amounts to waiting helplessly and uselessly for an hour for the stompage to finally end. And you get no good rewards for your effort, even if you win.

It’s almost like Blizzard -once- knew what they were doing, but then dropped the ball, and now money-grubbing suits make the decisions instead of the creative people with actual understanding and insights of what makes a good BG.

Wintergrasp is actually ok

1 Like

Because you’re horde and horde has like 99% chance to be defending.

my forum char is horde my playable char is alliance :slight_smile:

lmao this is such a dumb statement I don’t even know if I should reply or not.
There is no difference in WG.
You win if you’re better at organizing.
Defending? 10 go destroy towers, the others defend with cannons.
Attacking? 10 go destroy sieges machines and get workshops to overwhelm enemy team.

Its stupid, that most melee get “frontline defenders fortitude” crazy buff to compensate for being a lousy melee, but feral and rets dont get it, so rogues, warriors, dk, dh, ww got 50k hp and i got 25

I could enjoy ashran if it weren’t for a few simple aspects

1. I never see equal mirror matching in this bg, it’s always one side has 3-4 healers while the other only has 1, hell i’ve done 3 back to back ashrans where they had 4 healers and we had NONE

2. The gamemode has devolved into TM vs SS brawl, it needs work done

3. THE SINGLE BIGGEST THING that makes me dislike this battleground is that it is the ONLY reasonable way for people to complete nemesis quests, i am sick to god damned death of being the target of every single death knight grip and 65 range hunters or even kamakazi melees who are so thirsty to kill me all because of the race i play.

Blizzard, i genuinely do NOT care in the slightest about people earning titles i earned like 5 years ago. Previously i’ve said just let people earn it in EVERY BG including arena but honestly i’m not sure if that would help the problem or just make it even worse, at this stage i say just let people farm the nemesis quests in ANY content, even let people kill pve mobs of that race for it to count.
It is not fun to be targeted constantly because of the race i chose to play when i’m already “punished” for not picking the op racials of each faction all so people can do some 5 year old achievements.

Trashcan is awful, this bg alone is why they should be back the blacklist.

Have to add my agreement here. To get Ashran in random epic bg feels like punishment. I sincerely feel that a thumbing down option for this bg would be appropriate, especially since its so blatantly obvious that it has been added just as a filler, since there are not that many epic bgs to chose from in random.
I think its a cheap and undignified way to do it, and frankly, I would expect more from the world’s greatest game designers.

In short, Ashran was great in its original form. But as an epic bg its just tragic. Please give us a thumbing down option so we don’t have to keep getting these forced 30 min breaks while we wait for deserter debuff to wear off.

Ashran (in its current form) is just awful, and interestingly, it seems like it has the worst win rate for Alliance. I’ve never ever seen a win in this.

Lol the same is true for most battlegrounds like WSG, Twin Peaks and AB where the main objective isn’t a huge zerg. It’s actually one of the better BG’s imo where you have to pay attention to many things, and it’s unpredictable. And yes it’s fun to loot the Azerite when there are a bunch of idiots just fighting somewhere around the crystal but not even looking around.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.