Why does Blizzard seemingly hate Alliance?

I came back after a long break. Missed Legion completely. I play Alliance mostly, but I also have one high level Char on Horde side, just for the other perspective.

Now how did the game welcome me back? Well, Varian dead, Tyrion dead, Ysera dead, Teldrassil burning … W T H? This was a huge disappointment. I almost stopped playing after seeing that.

And then PVP. Before my break I was on a PVP server which was dominated by Alliance. But now there is way more Horde around than Alliance. Low level chars are beeing ganked by 120s in SW all day and nobody cares. Horde has better racials overall for PVE and PVP. By a small margin, yes, but as we can see ppl are still min / maxing which means they are Horde now. Instead of balancing things Blizzard gives the Alliance extra honor for doing BG’s (which is basically useless now), extra rewards for quests while opted for open world pvp and reduce the queue times by means of the mercenary system.

The latest insult is Korraks revenge. Horde gets center GY and Korrak served up on a plate. Alterac was always Horde biased, but this is a new low point. Alliance win rate in Alterac of olde must be around 25 % or something, again extra wins / honor / XP for the Horde served on a plate. All Blizzard did with the hotfix was to increase the chances of the Alliance to get Korrak, but they didn’t fix the Alliance’s disadvantage there by any means.

Basically as an Alliance player you are always at a disadvange. Instead of fixing it they try to give us a little something (honor, quest rewards) in order to keep us interested. This IS NOT ENOUGH.

So now, what is the plan for WoW? Why are the factions not treated in the same manner? Why are there no efforts to improve the balance?

Edit: I forgot to mention that the Horde also lost some iconic characters, the latest one beeing Saurfang. Fair Point @ Nagrash. Also there are not only negatives of course. But ye, ppl (myself obviously included) tend to forget the positives when they talk / write about the negatives. Also fair point here. I must say that I enjoyed the BfA leveling and dungeneering content so far besides of the mentioned stuff. Still I think that the players should point out nuisances. Feedback is the key to improve the game, right?

13 Likes

It is an obvious situation. Such threads started to multiply like bacterias nowadays which again an indication of injustice-Horde bias. People wouldn’t create too many threads related to this but its effects started to be more impactful nowadays. Day by day Alliance side is getting worse because of such reasons.

Blizzard has been setting up the easy mode for Horde since Cata. It still continues considering the Allied Races, CGI cinematics, Horde biased stories etc.

9 Likes

though this is true, have to rember horde has lost even more characters than alliance, only difference is those have gotten a decent story to them, when Varian died his story felt unfished like there was so much more, offcourse horde have Vol´jin dead, what should not have happened at all, he started to get intresting, even for me.
so the only thing that gripes me is alliance chars just dying where atleast horde ones most of the time gets a story.

5 Likes

Don’t worry, Alliance has Retributor and he’ll never give up the fight!

But jokes aside, what could they do at this point? Change racials again? Offer free faction changes?

Next to that, it isn’t like the Horde hasn’t suffered any losses - but you failed to mention any of those.

9 Likes

We really needed a duplicate crying thread.

8 Likes

Which are except being ruled by the council instead of a warchief now I don’t see any other bad things happen to Horde you guys are golden.

1 Like

Tyrion and ysera were neutral characters so I don’t know what your on about.

4 Likes

The Korrak graveyard is indeed some crazy crap.

I often get to be at the top of the group at the start, rushing as fast as I can for the graveyard. Everytime I get there, the graveyard is already tagged with tons of Hordies on it.

I’m glad I’m done for the mount, after days of playing I got 3 wins in a row today after games where Alliance was completely dominated each time. With each win I saw how many %tage you got, it’s quite huge. No wonder they don’t bother with the wolf taming quest as we do because it’s the only reliable way to get TW tokens and progress the objective of 200 tokens.

2 Likes

Oh man, Blizzard doesn’t hate you… but I would not be surprised if they did! Can you imagine Blizzard reading through some of these threads? I’m sure they would want to smother you with a pillow and put you all out of your collective misery.

Moan moan moan moan, bee mount is not enough, moan moan, warmode bonus rewards are not enough, whine whine whine, moan moan moan.

6 Likes

Alliance thread :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You lost me at “Horde has better PvE racials” :joy:

2 Likes

Thats because blizz thought it was a great idea to remove pvp servers during a major faction war expansion. You now got warmode with shards from any server. And yes for end game stuff the horde has a bigger population.

Now you got to find a group to find a shard in wich the horde gets steamrolled. Without a group chances are a horde group will find you.

Well:

• Alliance have no really great PvE wise racials. Nelves being the meta for M+ though.
  • Our story was dull and boring in BFA
  • Horde got and will get the cooler Allied races
  • Most elite/high end players transfered to Horde for more lively community.
  • PvP is dominated by PvE gear.

I think the above summons it all up pretty well, about what happened to Alliance :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Of course they do hate Alliance playerbase. People saying otherwise are kidding themselves or are Horde players. Alliance side in EU is already DEAD thanks to blizzard’s personal bias, bad writing and incompetence. This game is all about Horde Horde Horde. High end PvE? Horde dominated, warmode aka Hordemode? Horde dominated.
They allowed faction imbalance to snowball hard towards horde and they did nothing to prevent it for years. Thanks to them most of the players from Alliance are now Horde, because of better racials and belves.
They don’t care for Alliance at all, all of blizzard is Horde so not a big surprise they despise alliance side. Both sides will never get the same treatment so long as they are biased towards Horde. But that will never change i guess. May as well remove Alliance from the game, Alliance players aren’t needed anymore on bg’s. They can make bg’s Horde vs Horde, there’s enough players on their side for that.

6 Likes

alliance player are more casual then horde.
yes horde player having casual player too.
not enough serious ally player doing high end content.

you can blame blizzard because horde have better racial by 3-5%(not real number and don’t mind it, its a exemple.)

Another thread about trolls complaining about Horde bias, love this. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You can’t account for that since pugs are rarely all nelf player. Neither they do use comms. So it’s kinda pales in comparison to what DI pally tank can do on necrotic.

Many will not understand, but I would say that getting your first m+15 achievement is easier on Ally side, cause there are more people like you, who are willing to take 1400 - 1500 into their 15 keys. But the number of keys is far less - that’s true. Better play meta class spec.

Horde have one strongest advantage over alliance - it’s hordes competitive spirit, it’s fairly obvious in any random BGs how fast Alliance gives up ( not all let’s be fair - but many ) if things go south.

Pick one:

1- There are more Alliance players complaining on forums, because they want to cry until they fix it #Horde-Bias.
2- More and more people in the Alliance are getting aware of how in a terrible state the faction is, thus a domino effect of forum post numbers.

2 Likes

Hard to have a good faction fight when the alliance are so self pitying and emo they kill themselves. :kissing_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Once we all move to Horde, faction fight gonna be null.

2 Likes