Why does raiding all favour ranged?

Sure thing bro, I hear nova are doing deals on mythic denatrius boosts get in there!

Sure thing bro. I liked my nya boost so much I bought one 9 times. :roll_eyes:

favors range? then why cannot i get invited to any pug raid or m+ 15? no oneā€¦guildies with monk, dk, dh and even paladins get invited all the timeā€¦ meā€¦the rangeā€¦nada

talking about mythic raiding mate not pugging.

Theyā€™re also posting on a low level character. Itā€™s easy to claim to be a ā€˜big raiderā€™ while hiding behind a level 45.

1 Like

What is boomkins?

and then you need to see who was first on Mythic Sire of Limit in the dps Logs ow ye it was a WW Monk and 3 a Fury Warrior ow yea Melee is weak ROFL

If anything, M+ greatly favors ranged. Every dungeon has some mob mechanics that tell melee to F off while ranged can keep blasting. On top of that there are affixes that make it even worse for melee. Try doing SD this week as melee :eyes:

Raiding though? Nah, melee is just fine there. Only issue is that on Sludgefist you miss a lot of time because as melee you have to chase the boss after a rush while being chained, while ranged can easily get 2 seconds extra of increased blasting. I guess itā€™s part of being melee, but does greatly reduce your usefulness vs ranged.

Was about to sayā€¦

Melee seems generally okay in the raiding scene? In fact, for the same reasons that I wish was also existent in M+. At least, when I get around to doing it weekly, I see ranged having to do as much or less (but never 0 effort) in a raid.

M+ however is where I see Melee DPS get beaten with a club. To which iā€™m not surprised that I see many more have rerolled into Ranged for a better general experience.

wow! melee was good for 1 or 2 fights!

Because 80% goes melee while lvling as it so much more chill :upside_down_face:

Thanks guys. You reminded me why I donā€™t mingle here as much anymore. Out I go.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.