Why does subtely feel so weak?

i wanna play it because backstabs for big damage is fun but it isn’t fun and the damage is lacking compared to assassination in pve. i’m currently lvl 43 and my bleed build is just crushing everything though i think they should buff the CD’s to one minute so you can double the bleed and the rate of the bleed more often.

Rogue’s are not in a great place right now because of lackluster damage. And no changes for 10.1 except perhaps 2 and 4 set bonuses. We will see, but I doubt they will address it for now.

If rogue is your main then I advice on getting it to lvl 70 and do some gearing, then park it until Blizzard responses with a fair damage upgrade to all the rogue speccs.

1 Like

That is the problem.

Low level scaling is terrible, specifically for Subtlety you will feel very weak until lvl 60+ and ilvl 220+

You will feel very weak at lvl 70 with ilvl 420+ gear, except for 10s burst windows where you can almost reach arms warrior or mm hunter damage.

wtf are u talking about. sub is one of the strongest melee classes in the game :smiley:

u won’t reach arms or mm hunter, u will pass them

personally I scour every blue “nerf” post for news of sub getting hit and sigh a gasp of relief when I find out it isn’t

Didn’t lvl as sub. but sub will be a monster at lvl 70. Most fun melee spec imo

Don’t know how it scales at lower level, but it isn’t about big backstab dmg. U have to utilise ur whole toolkit. Each rupture hits 2 targets (target + target close to it)

IE: shuriken storm → rupture (gets applied to 2 targets → find next 2 targets shrunken storm → rupture. U now have 4 bleeds running

shadow dance + shadow blades -> shrunken storm → black powder —> shrunken storm -> secret technique

and kaboom now u have big dmg

ST is not the best, but definitely good enough

They talk about pvp, you talk about pve. At pvp blizz hit rogue with a big nerf bat and the damage is trash. Again you talk about PVE, they talk about PVP

The OP is talking about PvE:

1 Like

The damage problem for them is the same in PvE and PvP atm.

The issue with rogues in PvP was sub burst, assa 4-set bonus and CC, and somehow they ended up nerfing sustained dps of all three rogue speccs and not touch CC, which now means that the tuning they did for PvP has significantly affected its PvE performance.

And yet, in the Vault of the Incarnates dps rankings, sub is currently in 2nd place overall and in 5th place in 95th percentile.

1 Like

You are actually correct. Apologies for spreading false information.

The issue is only pvp then, seems to be doing well in pve!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.