Why doesnt Blizzard care about m+ anymore?

So, lets look a bit at the state of m+ in this expansion.

Season 1 was very good in terms of balance, and we had a lot of tuning there which was good. Start of season 2 was also very good until patch 10.1.5 hit and brought Exodia comp which was the worst season ever also lowest number of players because of that.

Then they nerfed mage and shadow priest, and season 3 started with diverse specs in m+ and there was no established meta. All good. Until they decided to buff mage and SP again, and thus making a comeback for Exodia dps comp of mage, SP and aug which was again dominant at the end of season. And they even made it stronger with god strong DH tank.

And then we have season 4 now with same story again. Those 3 dps specs continue domination for 3rd season in a row, plus DH tank is played by 95% of people. And that comp makes huge pulls possible, so other specs which cant contribute to huge pulls a lot become unwanted by anybody.

So when we look at these 3 seasons it seems Blizzard just dont care anymore. What happened? Why they gave up?

In my oppinion its better that spec is undertuned and opens possibilities for other specs to play the game, like we had in S3 at start, than making spec as SP so much overtuned and thus closing the door for other dps specs. Also with DH tank, why making it so insanely strong? They could see very quickly how it would affect other tanks, and not just tanks but also affecting dps comps a lot. And yet they decided to do nothing.

Honest opinion? I feel like what they did in DF was making tanking and healing harder…

While also giving casters a blast for their money. Like… If you ever played arcane mage xD the game literally never leaves you alone to cast.

When your fire or frost where everything is more instant casting like. Its not such a problem. But god damn…

As arcane mage i have to cast radiant spark. Arcane surge. cast touch of the magi. Arcane blast on repeat… and the game just never leaves you alone with mechanics and affixes to deal with.

Healing and tanking has gotten way harder. with much more stuff to deal with too. Way more one shot mechanics and stuff damage spikes for healers to deal with. For both tanks and healers alike.

Don’t think “carrying” was the right word.

1 Like

Thanks, I edited title.

Season 3 seemed like a perfect spot save for the class balance.

Yes, but would that be the case if shadow priest buffs happened at the very start of the season? Wouldnt it make S3 same as S2 and S4? One single spec tuning can totally change whole state of the game.

I think increasing the item level of the rewards so much has actually made it easier for them to put less effort into the system and still have very high participation numbers. People will do it even if the weekly affix combination is annoying, even after the most fun aspect of the system, the seasonal affix, has been removed etc.

So the answer really is: they dont have to, people still play

Tbh, Blizzard should fix many things for M+, because the perception of people is actually too hard.
That’s my PoV but for me, player have to chose what they want to play, as classes or specs. And not play meta for being able to play.

If I was M+ designer, I’ll delete the deplete systeme of key. Many people want just progress, not stuck and push a key they have already done, it’s just boring.
As Diablo III, if you fail your key (GR for D3), you are able try it again, since you decide to do lower lvl or reroll your key.
I’m pretty sure with that, people are more interested to try something than waiting 1H to find meta classes/spec.

The other think, I guess Blizzard should make a “end” to key lvl. And balance for every spec/classes to are able to do it. Ok maybe some spec was easier to do high key, but every specs should be able to “finish” the content.
As “Dark souls” game, the difficulty is cap to NG7, if you want to play harder, you can SL1 run, hitless run etc.
Should be that on WoW, deathless run, speed running or even play low meta tier if you want harder experience.
But actually, everyone want meta spec because you can’t do +20 with BDK, but you can do it with VDH. Even if people are not able to do 20, they want to play like best player.

I feel very sad, I love play my fury warrior, and I love M+, but I just CAN’T play, because I don’t have many time with work right now. And no one accept me on key (I queue on +13/+14 right now).
And when I play my own key, I have no one to play with, only few reroll/low gears queue in and deplete my key, and when I have to push it again on 11-12, no one are sign in.
I love WoW, but with the state of M+ right now, I just can"t play, and I don’t enjoy play something else so I have no choice to play something else like Hades II.

This week, it’s 3 hours queue, 1 key done…
I also want play BDK but… I’ll have the same issue on 14/15+, people want only VDH.

2 Likes