Why doesn't Chromie time work to max level

Because the “devs” are so far up their butt and have such disdain for the works of others that they can’t fathom the idea of people enjoying the game without having to do the terrible crap that they created in SL.

3 Likes

chromie allows you to level through previous content for previous levels.
51-60 is SHADOWLANDS levels. so you must do shadowlands content.

next expansion you will get the feature to skip shadowlands content. for now, deal with it.

*chromie is a new thing.
god forbid players did content again to level alts…

No, you only get to 48 with it.

Ther is no “must” is not something written down that always need to be like this. If people have done SL on their main but would like to experince a different storyline up to 60, let them.

God forbid player the content they enjoy more instead of being forced into Shadowlands since they have to level up anyway.
Or you think that with Chromie time in BC/Wotlk/whatever you magically close your eyes and you are 60?

3 Likes

the “rules” are simple.

each expansion has an adventure of its own, which is what mainly seperates them.
you cant skip it.
you want to be part of this expansion(in any form) ? you must follow on that path. doesnt matter if its main or alt, this is the adventure shadowlands.

in D&D they would call it a campaign.

2 Likes

if only this included the old scholomance i liked it better than the new one
including the dungeon quests and the drops
i believe the plate set has some pieces in game
chest from a BF quest(retail and tbc classic)
legs from a quest chain ending with an elite ud mob kill in area with kirin tor ghosts( in netherstorm)
boots got other name forgot what it was
gloves might be the death grips? but they look blue ish an bulky

Min/max the level experience too? Because we all know everyone will run mist of pandaria next day since that expansion is so fast.

then why would you do that for yourself ? hey if you hate something, don’t do it

1 Like

the simple explanation of why you always need to grind through the current expansion is because: drums
it’s always been like that, and wow is based on a template they copy paste without evaluation whether it’s still viable.
15 years ago I would’ve said they want to keep the current zones alive and filled with players so they engage in activities together or pvp. today? other players are just ghosts you never interact with. what difference does it make whether I level in bastion or hillsbrad foothills?

1 Like

Basically you are clenching at this arbitrary “rules” just to give validation to your point.

ToF autocomplete your precious adventure and makes you spam WQ as if you are max level.

Oh right, people never ever played to rush max level.
/s

2 Likes

At the very least, there are certain parts of previous expansions coughWoDtrappingcough that simply do not work properly because the player’s too high levelled, and even your weakest attacks while literally naked can one shot enemies. Allowing players to chromie time would at least make those parts possible

1 Like

Yeah, I do wish Chromie Time was something we could just step in and out of as we feel like. It’s weird that you can slog through an expansion to level, then suddenly ding 50 and everything is trivial now. Why not allow me to go into Chromie Time and then do the dungeons and raids of all those old zones? Doesn’t matter if they’re balanced, I’m just there for the experience/mogs…

They can want all they like, my latest alt is locked at 49 and isn’t moving out of Pandaria until at least 9.1.5.

I’d honestly forgotten that levelling can be quite relaxing and pleasant because my head is so full of the post-50 experience and weekly chores. Running out of classes to level though, got nearly everything at 50 already :confused:

It is actually, a couple of zones and you can be 50 - although I was intermittently locking XP as I went up the zones such that my alt earned pandaria loremaster just before level 50 :smile_cat:

1 Like

you think all expansion are “one”.
well, they arent. they are a pack of adventures. to be “approved” to do the content of the current adventure, you have to complete it, or at least the requirements.

you are not saying “i did it once already”. you are saying “i dont care, i just want the easy way out.”
well, mmos are games, but they are not ‘easy’ games. they are games where you play and develop your characters. all of them. even the alts. the alts might be a tool to support the main, but even them still require a certain degree of development.

*blizzard already gave you the threads of fate. now you want even more.
when will it stop ?

do you want free level 60 boosts ?

You are so full of :poop:

What easy way out exactly? Having preference for another expansion is an “easy way out”?

And people did not ask otherwise, they simply like the flexibility on playing an expansion/content they like to level up.

That no one said should not be there, people simply asked different way to reach that development, since leveling in WoW is an insignificant part of the game anyway time wise, stop acting like the leveling arc is so deep and huge.

Oh sure put more hyperbole there.
Yes exactly, asking to use a system they decided to put in to give diversity while leveling is EXACTLY like asking for lvl 60 boost.

Keep sprouting nonsense come on.

1 Like

alot of what you say is pretty much nonsense but i will respond to this:

yes.
everybody knows the easy way to level up is to just go through wod or pandaria.

so dry your tears and start level up through what blizzard gave you for the current expansion, just as it was since 2004. millions of players did and lived to tell the tale, so will you.

Where I barely level up anyway since I mostly level in Classic/BC zones, so again nice stretching.
Just because MoP/WoD are the fastest does not mean everyone will go there and it’s also not the only reasons.

You are again clenching to this “hurrr durr it will be so easy to level”.
Leveling is easy already, it has nothing to do with it being hard.
The fact that you talk about the “easy way out” just show how much full of crap you are.

Leveling is prolly 1/1000% of current wow experience, quit acting like people want to skip 50% of the game.

Which I did, I finished another 2 alt in the last 2 weeks, and it still does not stop me from upvoting suggestions that actually would increase the replayability value of the game and removing possible burnout making people sticking with WoW for longer.

Wipe up the tears because I don’t agree with your post clenching at arbitrary rules just to prove you right? Okay I guess.

Maybe you should bring actual arguments on why it is a bad idea instead of your crappy “it was always like this”.

Which again could have been said also about chormie time, “level through every exp like everyone did before you”. Yet it was changed and it is arguably one of the most fun leveling systems.

Now go back to play your beloved New World, there leveling is so cool.
Collect a bunch of uninspired quest and handle them nonstop.

WoW should really take example from NW
/s

2 Likes

No, you can level to 50 with it if you don’t accept the Shadowlands intro quest. Im doing it on an alt now.

1 Like

The problem is that Chrimie time is TOO fast.

Players blast 1 to 50 in a few days then find themselves levelling at a normal speed.

Chromie time should not have taken the place of nerfed heirlooms that had the exp bonus removed. You can hit 1 to 50 in one zone in Chromie time if you throw in dungeons.

But I do also see why Blizzard want you to level at a slower pace when you hit (48)50 and go into Shadowlands content. Why would they simply let you blast through everything so quickly that Blizzard may as well cut out levelling completely and just let everyone start a new alt at 60.

Gonna say it again. If you want to sort out the alt issue, making 1 to 50 in 2 days then a painfully boring slog to 60 isnt the way to do it.

Slow Chromie time down, or speed up Shadowlands. As it stands right now, the levelling balance is horrendous.

It doesn’t even take a day to get to 50 from level 1. Then it takes a few hours to 60.

Sure, if you want to take your time levelling then don’t do dungeon spam, lock your xp bar. The point of levelling an alt for most people is to speed run the whole game. I like the pace, I love dungeon spamming different expansions and accessing my abilities quicker. I hate having to enter a continent like Northrend, which is massive, and quest without fast flying. I hate Draenor and the stupid Garrison stuff. Legion zones are cramped together and annoying to navigate around…

I levelled a Warrior to max level recently just from sitting in Orgrimmar and dungeon spamming. When I hit level 50 I jumped into the timewalking MoP event happening right now and spammed dungeons to max level. It was fun. I hate the Shadowlands.